MacRetro Trading Post

Wanted: 34.9mm, top swing top pull front mech

Hi there I am looking for a 34.9mm, top swing top pull front mech along the lines of a Shimano fd-m750 or similar.

Does anyone have anything suitable please?

Many thanks

Re: LTS DH

Tnega":irtxtbfs said:
Hi guys, Edit : a little more info.
Just guaging interest in my '98 LTS DH in medium.
We haven't so much fallen out as were never really in love in the first place.
I'm 50 for the wee mans sake, way too old to go throwing myself down mountains. Havent had her out the shed this year so she has to move on.
Replaced all the bushings with new BETD bearings throughout, ridden less than 20 miles since.
Garbed as per the pic wi a hatfull o spares, including 3 rear shocks, maybe 6 springs, service kits for the Hope hydraulics, etc, would have to do an inventory.
IMAG0032.jpg

Anyhow, am of the mind that I would much rather house a bike/parts that I would actually use so I am open to offers. Am particularly interested in a raleigh MT4/MT5 bike/frame or Deore DX M650 bits n bobs swaps with cash if necessary either way.

She could do with a more appreciative home guys so come on, what have you?

Dave.

Still miss the one i had :( , stripped it and sold it for the same reasons as you (the it lay unused for a year bit, not the too old bit :) )

Despite the DH tag i actually found it a decent allrounder, was running it as 1x8 too but with a 32 ring up front and 12-32 on the rear, found it got up most hills, had 120mm Z1 Bombers on the front too which matched the rear pretty well, whole bike was'nt too heavy either.

Tempted to offer a swap for my Clockwork or Zaskar but would be hard to justify when i have the DH8 :roll:

Re: LTS DH

jimihendrix said:
Still miss the one i had :( , stripped it and sold it for the same reasons as you (the it lay unused for a year bit, not the too old bit :) )

Despite the DH tag i actually found it a decent allrounder, was running it as 1x8 too but with a 32 ring up front and 12-32 on the rear, found it got up most hills, had 120mm Z1 Bombers on the front too which matched the rear pretty well, whole bike was'nt too heavy either.

Tempted to offer a swap for my Clockwork or Zaskar but would be hard to justify when i have the DH8 :roll:

Aye I agree that its a good all rounder offroader m8 but these days i'm mostly on backroads, the most off roading I get is round the golf course wi the dog so I'm exclusively using the Mission, 46 up front and a 12-30 on the back.
I'm pretty settled with the seven speed setup but reckon I would get better range with a 44. Ergo, guys I'm on the lookout for a 44toother to try out, any lying around spare? 110 or 94. :D

happy to avoid postage costs and pass the savings on to you boys ;)

XT M730 black brakes- you get a complete set of 4 with new pads and 2 extra as these were given to me gratis by zigzig- need a bit of a clean but will buff up very nice indeed- £30 posted

xtbrakes.jpg

Suntour XC brakes- new but show storage marks- great brakes and a snip at £15 posted.

suntour-1.jpg

XTR Q/R, until recently thought these were road but see from another thread they are XTR- not pristine but still nice- £20 posted

xtr.jpg

Ritchey pedals- lots of marks but alas no cleats so my shimano footware did not work with these- £15 posted

pedals-1.jpg

Ritchey headset- 1 inch threaded- new fitted and then removed- great condition- £15 posted

headset.jpg

gripshift 8 speed- £10 posted
wavy gripshift 8 speed- £13 posted

grip.jpg

3 posts all 27.2 and all £13 posted

posts-2.jpg

LX rear mech- £12 posted

LX front mech M567 31.8- £12 posted

lxstuff.jpg

control tech 1 1/4 stem- £12 posted

stem-2.jpg

Onza bar ends- lots of scratches but solid- £8 posted

barends.jpg

blue ring, bit faded but still nice- £12 posted

bluering.jpg

Wanted DX thumb shifter

Looking for a left hand DX thumb shifter. Fell off yesterday in Cambusbarron and the thumb part snapped off. The remains still work and in good condition. Anyone removed the top plastic part and refitted it without wrecking it. The cap is still in good condition and it might be able to transfer to a less than perfect donor.

Bruce

On the lookout for late 90's saddle to suit the Moho CXS... what you got, peoples? Something Ritchey flavoured, Tioga possibly?

Re: Wanted DX thumb shifter

The Malcolm":2noieksv said:
Looking for a left hand DX thumb shifter. Fell off yesterday in Cambusbarron and the thumb part snapped off. The remains still work and in good condition. Anyone removed the top plastic part and refitted it without wrecking it. The cap is still in good condition and it might be able to transfer to a less than perfect donor.

Bruce
Is this the fellow your looking for chap?

Dave.

Attachments

• DX thumbie.jpg
    DX thumbie.jpg
    407.8 KB · Views: 115
Dx shifter

Thanks Tnega it was a top mounted shifter I was after and I have bought a xt which I think I can use the guts to repair the broken dx one.
Bruce

Back