MacRetro Trading Post

The Ken":3g3f9c93 said:
I'll take the grey "xtr-ish" bolts - look like a match for my ultegra SL parts on the roadie.

And if you are selling grey XCD canti's I might be interested in the future.
I'll bring the wee bolts to the Lomonds, TK. And I'll keep you in mind for the grey canti's, I may well end up splitting the Stumpy...

Wanted
I didn't think finding a fork for the CXS would be this hard, although maybe I'm just being impatient... so... Looking for a late '90s Marzocchi Bomber, pref Z1, would consider Z2, Atom, Flylight or any of the million variants there seems to be. 1 1/8", Steerer at least 190mm. Anybody got anything kicking about? Not too fussed about condition either, as long as the stanchions are OK - not a problem stripping and painting.

Anybody?

zigzag":35afh42a said:
Wanted
I didn't think finding a fork for the CXS would be this hard, although maybe I'm just being impatient... so... Looking for a late '90s Marzocchi Bomber, pref Z1, would consider Z2, Atom, Flylight or any of the million variants there seems to be. 1 1/8", Steerer at least 190mm. Anybody got anything kicking about? Not too fussed about condition either, as long as the stanchions are OK - not a problem stripping and painting.

Anybody?

Funnily enough I was about to post a swop required: I have a set of 2004 All Mountain 3's with a 190mm steerer - but may be too young for you? I am looking for a set of long travel Z1s with a minimum 220mm steerer.

Aye, a bit young, thanks though... There seems to be plenty of choice on eBay with the newer Marzocchis.

That's a long steerer you're looking for - don't know if these forks might fit the bill for you though - http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=145131 - I *think* they're still for sale/swaps. They don't quite feel right for the CXS, but might be what you're looking for.

zigzag":27oxdmfk said:
Aye, a bit young, thanks though... There seems to be plenty of choice on eBay with the newer Marzocchis.

That's a long steerer you're looking for - don't know if these forks might fit the bill for you though - http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=145131 - I *think* they're still for sale/swaps. They don't quite feel right for the CXS, but might be what you're looking for.

Thanks for the link.

Yeah I do need a long steerer - the headtube on the frame is 160mm excluding any headset! I could go a touch shorter but I want some rise. In the worst case scenario I could always use an Azonic Hammerhead and some BMX bars I suppose!

Latest posts

Back