MacRetro Trading Post

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Hi groundcontroller, nice bike and it sounds like you met Mikee last week, who I hasten to add is not like the rest of us on here.............. we are quite a nice bunch really :twisted:

Thanks - Kind of sorry to be selling it but funding a newer bike. Started into Mountain biking in my teens so the Groundcontrol doesn't seem that retro to me!

I have a 1990 GT Karakoram K2 at my folks house with Magura hydraulic front brake and Deore thumbshifters. Had to get it repainted so it doesn't have the cool scatter paint job anymore.
If I can ever get the seatpost un-cold welded I will be taking that out this year. Haven't ridden it for over a decade but would love to try it out, that's why I am keeping the 92 SPDs. Shame I sold the flexstem for it in my teens but I think I have still got the hite rite somewhere!

Think what you are doing is really cool with this site. Was away from the sport for a number of years and was really disappointed when I turned up at Glentress a few years ago and could here the mocking from the posers on the 4 grand machinery about my Groundcontrol, or maybe it was my unfit state!
Anyway the MTB scene is not what it was it the late 80s/ early 90s. Glad to see you are keeping it real!

anyone wanting my rockhopper comp for £40 or plus postage if not able to hand over in person? 19 inch and rather fine just not got the inclination at the moment?

RobMac":2rdjgsip said:
You got a pic Gazz?

robmacvultrue.png

Back