MacRetro chat and rides thread

You can now, as well as picking different rollers to do different things. They say that you won't get as bored because you need to concentrate and that you replicate normal riding more closely because you need to keep your balance.

Back to turbos then, get a fluid or mag turbo not a fan. And don't worry about variable resistance or owt. You'll probably get on warm up and beast it, then climb off , no need for anything too fancy.

ZZ mine has been gathering dust of late but I will prob use it again when the weather gets to bad to venture forth, as Mr K says it is boring and noisy too, if you have a heart monitor you can get all sports science and pretend your drago from rocky V.

used mine over the winter, hitting 30 - 40 mins sessions with intervals.

mines a tacx magnet one, not too noisy compared to the one I used as a kid.. gets a major major sweat on and your strength up.

reckon I was stronger earlier this year because of it, even stronger than I am now after many road miles this year.

to combat the boredom and desperate clock watching, i watch something on the tv, sky+'d a load of classics and grand tour stages to try an alleviate the boredom this winter..

rollers are probably better, haven't used them in 20 odd years, but can be a bastardo to get on and off without injuring yourself. if you're wanting to do intervals they can be dodgy if you're putting 100% in and your body starts rolling all over the place, then your likely to end up going through a wall

go on and join the world of jelly legs and extreme sweating :LOL: :LOL:

"go on and join the world of jelly legs and extreme sweating "

did that after wifey read 50 shades

if all you old codgers are gonna be trying rollers , do us a favour and video it

"go on and join the world of jelly legs and extreme sweating "

did that after wifey read 50 shades

if all you old codgers are gonna be trying rollers , do us a favour and video it

Ive decided I'm gonna take the plunge and get some bike specific tools (quality ones) they'll be head set & bottom bracket related in fact Ive already started. £££££££££££££££ :?

Eventually venturing into "THE BLACK ART" (wheel building) :shock:

Back