MacRetro chat and rides thread

Take the fork to the right over the bridge before you come to the range (if need be) then re-join the route at Gilberts Bridge.

Different kind of range, rifles, big ones. We did find a really nice bit of single track down from near the gate, was much nicer than the forest road.

I thought wrongly it was stalking but see that it is a rifle range.

Still think that it is deliberately sited to shoot across/near road to prevent or make access difficult. Who puts a rifle range in that requires firing across a road?

it really isn't a road as such and there are alternative routes - when we were there the old biddy that lived in the house on the range went through the gate, it will just be restricted for extra safety - it did sound like 303's and the like they were firing, not the usual .22s . Where they shoot from they aim into the spur of the next hill so over shooting is almost impossible, that is probably why they chose the location.

Turbo trainers.

Talk to me about them, thinking of investing in one to see me through the winter for when it's too shitey to go out.

Make nice paper weights :LOL: Terminally boring. I was going to try rollers this year for a change, they do get much better press.

If I'm honest, I'd be worried that I wouldn't get the hang of rollers - must stop watching those You Tube clips...

Slightly more expensive too, and not so good for storage.

Back