MacRetro chat and rides thread

velomaniac":1nmolgw4 said:
Cheify's new bike has got to be a fatbike. i know he wants one and has even considered making one before reality set in :LOL:

Ooo good guess but alas no. I was goign to put my deposit down for the new Surly Krampus but its a bit too spendy for a now and again bike.

Tazio":1nmolgw4 said:
Odd you should say that. There was/is a Surley fat bike on Ebay in Fife just now. And we know how much he likes to trawl the auction sites.

Saw it but after I bought the one I've got coming...resisted the temptaion to add it to the watch list.

zigzag":1nmolgw4 said:
I think he's gone for a modern 29'er, XC, and probably full sus. I suspect that'd allow him to retire at least a couple of bikes.

Outside chance of it being a new road bike or possibly a new crosser in time for the 3 peaks...

Best guess yet not full sus though. And the roadie and the crosser have been getting much ponderance of late...mibee next year.

heres a BIG clue, its one of these :D hopefully somwhere in the postal network jist noo.

FreshGoods-44551-640x426.jpg

ah ken mikee. What huv ah done to you V!! If only could have as diversified a collection as yersell. :LOL: This is me downsizing, it will replace the Salsa, the Kona and if it works out the other Kona.

oooft, Velo has opined! The style council has passed judgement.

If it were me, I'd keep the Kona full sus - not sure a 29er hardtail really replaces a full sus, unless of course you need to strip it for parts.

Hope you're getting it in green too!

Aye green :D the Kona susser will have a reprieve. But if it sits for too long unused I'll sell. I want to get down to:

Modern : Dialled, Cotic, Vicious (Kona)
Retro: Ritchey, FAT, FAT, Ibis (Klein)

And the roadie and crosser.

thats only 10 bikes!!! Oh the indignity of it. Those in brackets have shaky pegs anaw. Everything else will be sold or stored*

*stored mair than likely.

Whit !!!

You lot have opinions, am I not allowed or something. Kaiser does say how good 29ers are to anyone who'll listen, its not an insult its fact.
Plus this is retrobike which means other than oddities like Geof Apps bike, 29ers are not generally retro.

If being a grumpy auld fart isnae allowed on an auld bikes site then whits the point :roll:

Further if it is a crime then obviously you cant have the likes of me DAECing as I'll just let the power go to ma heid and start editing every post on any subject.....where would it end :shock:

:LOL: anyway I shouldn't have tempted fate till I had it in my hands. Just got an email for the shop I ordered it from 'None in stock' and several phone calls show theres none to be had anywhere :(

There you go, you've saved yourself £500.

Upgrade the Kona - always thought that was a sweet handling frame anyway - nice plush set of forks, and 1x10 for gears. You can always lump them onto the Cotic if/when you eventually get one.

Back