MacRetro chat and rides thread

:LOL: :LOL:

love your musings parrot :cool:

I think you deserve your own thread, the thoughts of an orcadian Saracen owner, would be literary magnificence me thinks.

The Ken":3em1jmb4 said:
I would buy this if I had the money, looks like a really good price with the spec....
C16r - XT, hope rear wheel middleburn cranks and front Hope cable Disc, syncros stem, Pace RC35's, original forks and stem and seatpost too

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... SS:GB:1123

in fact can anyone lend me £250? :)

That really is a bargain TK - go for it :twisted:

Is the Hope caliper mounted correctly? Look at the pic looking down on top of the brake - should the caliper mounting "flange" not be between the fork-leg-clamp "flanges" rather than screwed on at the end with a spacer? Looks as if there's nothing holding it secure :?

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
I have no money to buy it just now - if I did buy it it would guarantee that I would need to find a deposit for a small one bed roomed flat and I would get to see the kids every second weekend. .... which on a plus note would mean I would have every second weekend free for cycling :)... no no no must resist!

Someone please buy this!!!!!! I can give you a front wheel if you don't like that new fangled disk thing.

(the mounting is correct for that fork, the plate is hard to see but it is there) I am almost crying at this point there is so much about it I like.

... or the cost of this months car service, or the new tiles and shower for the bathroom, or the 10utBen and camping weekend with the family at end of may, as I said timing is everything and this month and next are just the wrong times.... in fact for a purchase this size, xmas or birthday are really my only options.

I was considering selling my Gazelle but I would like to buy a modern mtb with those proceeds.

Did you get out on the hardrock ZZ? Think I'll give it to my father-in-law so would be interested to know if it is good to ride as is, or what needs sorted- don't want to kill the bloke (teaching him to ride a bike at the mo, which is fun and scary in equal measures

Nah, haven't taken it out Gazz, just a few laps of the garden - the tyres are well fecked, definitely need replacing.

Apart from tyres, a decent set of soft squidgy grips, get the brakes setup and rear der not quite shifting right either. Also needs a new set of pedals, bearings are somewhat notchy.

I can't bring it up to 10utb though, my bootlid's a bit of a state and will only take one bike now. I can get a loan of my dad's car for the next meet though, or I work in Erskine, so could maybe sort out something there.

thanks for the update, no rush on the bike at all, don't need it anytime soon, sounds good to go, will put some slicks on for the old man as he will be road only at least for a while anyway.

we all set up for tonight folks?

Back