MacRetro chat and rides thread

Anyone fancy a ride next Saturday or Monday, 8th and 10th? Quite a hard sesh. Thinking Dalbeattie, Mabie, Drumlanrig or Fort Bill.

Poor show if you do Fort Bill instead of joining me in the Lake District with the NW&Wales lot as the distances are not hugely different :?

Stick in Dumfries & Galloway, Fort Bill will wait for 10UTB ;)

velomaniac":j5a5a7vw said:
Poor show if you do Fort Bill instead of joining me in the Lake District with the NW&Wales lot as the distances are not hugely different :?

Stick in Dumfries & Galloway, Fort Bill will wait for 10UTB ;)

my arse, fort bill is a 200 mile round trip the NW ride is 520. And they are only going for a 20 mile hurl.

(Unbelievably for me) got a night out on the 8th, so I'll need to keep it local... Watching the Knoydart thread with interest though.

Knoydart - does anyone have any info re routes once there? Its easy enough (ish ;) ) to get to the outskirts of Knoydart by bike, not so sure how rideable the tracks are across the peninsula.......from memory they're pretty rough, walking only, but I've not been there since the summer of 1980 :D

Has the lake district got further away from central Scotland since I last looked :shock:

From my hoose to Coniston is 136 miles so a round trip is 272 miles. Where the hell Kaisers got a 520 mile round trip from is beyond me :roll:

Back