MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re:

That was braw, always good to look at the old Aftermath threads :D

Re:

My diary is chokka at the moment but I still want to try the Ben Alder route again - no technicalities involved. Will see what the next few weeks bring :xmas-big-grin:

I've been considering new transport solutions for myself since I move in with my girlfriend on the edge of sunny Leith. Currently my bus pass which is a good thing is just not cutting it for me entirely, hanging around bus shelters in the cold and wet is getting tedious and with rush hour traffic my commute of only 10 miles takes nearly an hour and a half ! So since my wee blue plastic car is now gone and my scooter is needing fixed but has lost my interest I've been looking at other solutions. A new scoot/motorbike has been considered but motorvehicles always seem to be a financial hole I throw cash in. A bicycle is not the answer either as my ME will always scupper any serious commuting attempts so what else is there. Well the answer to me at least seems to be electric assist bicycles and more precisely electric assist mtb's which will also be of use for days out on the trails aswell as commuting. I have my beady eyes on this beauty:
http://www.onbike.co.uk/products/ktm-macina-force-27/
I can thus still get excerise but without the gut busting drain on my energy levels a normal bike has.
I have had an electric bike before but that was 8 or so years back when the tech was much crapper and the weights heavier but it was still very handy for dragging myself over a 5 mile hilly commute. It helped when my ME was worse than it now is although I was younger then.
Need to get a bank loan when I get back my holidays but something like the above or an Electric Goat Stealth might appear beneath me before long.

Back