MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re:

X-ray at Arbroath yesterday and spoke to Orthopaedics today. No surgery needed and I can stop wearing the sling. Still going to keep brace on for another week as it get sore quickly without it. Got a follow up appointment in 4 weeks time but no driving until then :( Should also hopefully be back on the road bike by then. Off road I reckon it'll be nearly Xmas before I'm back though.

Re:

baws...sorry to here that clubby.

keep positive, also worth seeing a physio for strengthening exercises once its set.

on the plus side least there is hopefully no ligament damage.....9 months since I had my op and finally got sign off from physio last night.

Re:

25 years riding and my first major injury, so I can't really complain. When I saw the marks all over my full face I knew I came off lightly. An ordinary trail helmet and I'd have smashed my face up and probably have been knocked out. As it was I walked away, worth a £100 3 day old helmet. Knee pads also did their job, think I'd still be picked bits of Canada out of my knee now without them.
Keith, I plan to get some physio but it'll be a while until I can even lift my arm.

Back