MacRetro chat and rides thread

Re:

Single Speed Honeymoon Continues :oops:

I use my Ti tourer to do my 40 commute to work then jump on my steel S/S to go
to the supermarket to get summit for my tea. Im sure Im doing the supermarket run
quicker on the S/S that a 9 speed MTB :? I'll get more scientific and use an abacus and a solar dial.

dyna-ti":q8x271el said:
I thought the fat bikes had fallen from grace ? Are they back on again :?

Buy a first generation fatbike now- while they're cheap.

You won't see anything else at retro rides soon :)

Re: Re:

RobMac":1cnqmtn6 said:
Single Speed Honeymoon Continues :oops:

I use my Ti tourer to do my 40 commute to work then jump on my steel S/S to go
to the supermarket to get summit for my tea. Im sure Im doing the supermarket run
quicker on the S/S that a 9 speed MTB :? I'll get more scientific and use an stop watch.

When I find oot whos been tampering with my post Im gonna kick his lardy arse :evil:

Worried, I have 3 x fully working modern bikes in my shed :shock:
Also I have at least one fully functioning untinkered with retrobike and 2 nearly working. :shock: :shock:

Who am I and what have the Martians/CIA/Mince Marketing Board done with the real Velo :?: :?: :?: :?:

I even have appreciated the joy of 29er's...........I think I need to lie down somewhere dark and reminicent of the previous century :roll:

velomaniac":1oksllrp said:
Worried, I have 3 x fully working modern bikes in my shed :shock:
Also I have at least one fully functioning untinkered with retrobike and 2 nearly working. :shock: :shock:

No! No! Go back out and count again :shock:

:mrgreen:

Re:

Went for an explore in Portmoak Moss with the bikes, rode to it on the Loch Leven path from our house.
Intended to just ride the footpath around the Moss but found some tracks/paths through the trees. Don't think there's been any bikes on where we went, recently, if at all. Looks more like dog-walker paths, most of it. Very narrow and rooty in places then wider bits but all of it has roots across the track. The track we rode, got off, fell off, pushed would have been better going in opposite direction to what we took. Will go back sometime to try and cut away some of the overgrown bits.

Any of you guys been in there?

Re: Re:

old_coyote_pedaller":17jj0rbe said:
Any of you guys been in there?

Yeah I went in there for a 'Tommy Tit' when I was training for my charity thing during the walk or was it the cycle :?

Didnt really have a proper look around.

Back