MacRetro chat and rides thread

Went to Pollok Estate today with the intention of a potter about and some pics of the Marin.

Weather was horrible and the track was all mud and roots. I wasnt really looking to ride any sections as the bikes really small and uncomfortable for me and the forks are very hard, Also a hell of a lot of longish sticks everywhere. Not sure if placed there to impede :? or just windblown from the trees, there certainly is a fair amount of deadwood about. Didnt want to fall off and get it all muddy
Noticed a few extra wide tracks that could have been fatbike made. Anyone up there in the last day or two ?

Wet.

Attachments

• Marin Quake 9 Out & About 011 (Custom).JPG
    Marin Quake 9 Out & About 011 (Custom).JPG
    181.8 KB · Views: 262
  • Marin Quake 9 Out & About 014 (Custom).JPG
    Marin Quake 9 Out & About 014 (Custom).JPG
    183.5 KB · Views: 262
  • Marin Quake 9 Out & About 004 (Custom).JPG
    Marin Quake 9 Out & About 004 (Custom).JPG
    196.6 KB · Views: 214
I think its a 17 1/2" Rob.
Theres a misprint in the catalog for sizes. the headtube on small is 120mm ,large is 150mm so expecting 135mm for the medium. Not so, it reads 120mm also. Mine is 135mm.
Im pretty sure it is a misprint because i dont find it comfortable to ride and the stock post length is also too short.

Today, went back to pollok estate on my Ti.

Track is drying out but its still kind of soggy in places and lots of hollows full of mud.
I went down the red and got through about half of it before switching onto the blue as i was lost and trying to find the way out :LOL: It was hard going and it wasnt to till the end that i realized that i was in the 46T outer and not the middle :facepalm:
I think it was the high gear that was giving me grip on the muddy up sections as i still have on the Michelin Run-R 1.4's which are totally slick .
Might account for the hairy down sections :LOL:

At least i didnt fall off.

Re:

Went for a wee bimble round Blairadam after teatime today.
As Andy mentioned about his ride, everywhere is starting to dry out with the usual bits that are still a fair bit moist. Some arse is still putting piles of cut branches across the track down from top carpark.

Re:

Was in Blairadam again this evening but stayed in the area from top carpark down to triangle.
Just followed tyre tracks wherever they went, stopped to cut some branches/fallen trees, to clear a couple of trails.
Had to cut the ride short as, for the first time, broke a spoke and bent rear rim. Think I caught it on branch on ground as I got off to cut fallen wee tree hanging across track. Hope the rim straightens after replacing spoke.

Back