MacRetro chat and rides thread

What have you got against mtb's are they too slow for you ? :LOL:

This site is primarily retro mtb based and originally roadies were a rare breed but no one was ever against them. Roadies are viewed, tongue in cheek, as the dark side. Single speeders are generally viewed as weird and I am one and proud and thus SS from the Dark side is stranger still but none is ever view with genuine horror.

Lighten up, you can blow me into the weeds on tarmac, anyone can. Roadbikes are fab but this constant tales of how easy all this super fast road stuff is for you leaves me taken aback. Most of us compete to say how rubbish we are, not used to someone who makes everything seem easy.

We're primarily off roaders who dabble in road.

If I p*** you off well so be it, thats the off road on road debate for you.

47p2 Dont worry about Velo's ramblings.
This latest one does sound a bit harsh but trust me, its just Velo's tone.
I myself am a roadie first and foremost, though I do tend to spend a lot more time off road these days. I'm a cyclist really, but if I can be pidgeon holed into something that annoys Velo then so much the better ;)
I know theres a good few of the lads here that are into the road so I do think the statement that we are primarily off roaders could one day be brought in to question.
This site is for retro bikes of all descriptions and as this is a Area Group there should be no discrimination of disciplines especially from a Deputy AEC ;)

Jamie

people who do both- mud and road salt are ok (ish) but your out and out "roadie" is never to be trusted, disregard this advice at your own peril :twisted:

Attachments

• cameron460.jpg
    cameron460.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 101
Nope reread my last post and cannot see in what way I'm taking a pop at roadies.
Further what was stated was originally true, retro mtb was the core of retrobike and if you look at the pages devoted to it even now is still true.
Further expressing awe at one riders ability to out perform the rest of us cannot be viewed as an insult surely.
Plus anyone opinioning on what a DAEC/AEC can express, take a turn being one before expressing whats a bad show or not for us to utter. I get you cats herded, put up with your moaning, ensure we have meets to go to and thus I get to express opinions. If you can do a better job, step forward and be recognised otherwise........ !
Plus I dont give a hoot what you ride.
If anyone else engages in banter on here its OK but if I say anything its all 'his tone is harsh and he's a grumpy auld basa'.
This is normal service, nothing needs resume as this is how it stays.

I'd just like to mention the Dyna-Ti incident in balance of that opinion :) It was really the last line that completely changed the tone of the whole post. But I have to admit this new assertive Velo has it's benefits too.

I'm human, I get stuff wrong, Dyna-Ti does too and I'll call him out on it as should others of me.
Not doing diplomacy anymore though, a spades a spade, nothing more.

The Ken":p7xnw8ks said:
But I have to admit this new assertive Velo has it's benefits too.

A know a know, I've HAD to agree with EVERY THING he's written this year so far which is bloody unnerving.

It aint natural :shock:

Back