MacRetro chat and rides thread

velomaniac":3fx9mv6y said:
The writing was on the wall as soon as Evans opened a big shop around tthe corner, barstewards. I intend to boycot Evans, its not hard, most of their kits modern overpriced tat anyroads.
Bought a Raleigh Dyna Tech road bike off MacDonalds some time back and they had some nice road frames in there too. They used to have a branch is Musselburgh where my Dad bought the bikes I got for Christmas as a child. Sad times now :(

They opened an Evans in Glasgow city center. Well stocked and plenty of staff but if you go in youll be ignored for whatever it is that keeps them huddled around that computer behind the counter.
As ive heard this off 4 people now and the place is only open a matter of a few months. Test it out :LOL: nobody will approach you,theyre all behind the counter of farting about amongst themselves.
I reckon theyre getting a discount and are just oggling stuff they want to order themselves. :?

Mr Panda":3pdiucjq said:
3) Most importantly - who bought "The Scot" from down south this week?

That was a bargain . Ebay had a bare '58 frame and forks with a new paint recently and it ended at £270 reserve not met :shock:

Mr Panda":9ksulo7k said:
3) Most importantly - who bought "The Scot" from down south this week?

:xmas-big-grin:

Wish it was me, right size, right spec, fair price :facepalm: wrong time :roll:

So - a six footer who's identity is yet to be disclosed. Not Rob, Kaiser or TK then. Certainly not Jamie nor Jimihendrix :LOL:

Gash?? Shirley Knot as he's succumbed to another lure.

EIN :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Back