MacRetro chat and rides thread

It was the sign that got me Googling. Been in there a few times, can't recall buying anything. :facepalm:

Noticed the descriptions of lots and their pics were out of sync, care required afore bidding.
Most of the out of sync ones are obvious and have the lot number in the pic.

I was hoping for some help on the edinburgh side, but I'm guessing it will be work hours pick up, will decide later to bid. I think if I took a half day to buy more bike shite I'd be wearing it as body piercings when I got home.

I'm thinking of bidding on some stuff but won't do it till late on next week.
Might be able to pick up stuff.
Haven't registered yet but how do you pay and how do they ensure you don't renege on a bid?

Been looking at the payment thing, no mention of cash, and all pay in advance by bank or bank transfer, card system not yet active. I'm not sure things can be picked up by proxy either.

Just registered, clicked on my confirmation email and now they say it's pending approval by Sweeney Kincaid before you can bid.
Suppose picking up stuff for somebody else might be a problem, just walk in the day after and say I won such and such in auction then eff off with it. :mrgreen:

The writing was on the wall as soon as Evans opened a big shop around tthe corner, barstewards. I intend to boycot Evans, its not hard, most of their kits modern overpriced tat anyroads.
Bought a Raleigh Dyna Tech road bike off MacDonalds some time back and they had some nice road frames in there too. They used to have a branch is Musselburgh where my Dad bought the bikes I got for Christmas as a child. Sad times now :(

Well, got another email off Sweeney Kincaid. It answers the "how do you pay" and the "how do they make sure you don't renege on bid" questions.

"Dear Sirs

Thank you for applying for a bidding account with Sweeney Kincaid.

Please note that as a new bidder to SKL you will be required to lodge a deposit proir to bidding.

The deposit should be at least 10% of what you intend to bid (minimum deposit £100). If you are unsuccessful your deposit will be refunded. If you are successful then the deposit will be used to make payment towards the account, if the deposit exceeds the balance on the account you will receive a refund for any overpayment.

Deposit to be paid to our Bank Account: The Royal Bank of Scotland IBAB code GB35RBOS************* sort code **-**-** a/c no 00******.

Please use your buyer reference ****** as a reference on the deposit in order that we can clearly identify the funds and allocate them to your account, it would also be helpful if you can also include your name and company if possible.

Important : Please note that the system will not allow you to bid any more than 10x your deposit.

Please note we currently do not accept card payments.

Regards

New Accounts Team

Ps.. Tip: Do you know someone who already has a full account with us? Send us an email to info@sweeney-kincaid.com with details. This may speed up the process of your account being upgraded to a Full rights user (non deposit user)."

Let's just say I'll not be bidding, a deposit of £100 minimum, they can feck right off.

yup looks like that's the same for me, you'd think they'd take cash or card - they really aren't working in the adminstrators best interest.

Agree, the minimum deposit of £100 means that you're giving them way more than you'll likely be bidding for many of the smaller value lots. Wonder how many deposits they'll get and whether it would be worth their while putting it into a short term, high interest account? Would be more than a bit uneasy giving them the £100 not knowing in what time scale I'd get it back.

1) I don't own a new bike, youngest being the Bianchi at approx 1999. dinna hanker for one either.

2) That £100 deposit sale is a joke, although I can see what they're trying to do

3) Most importantly - who bought "The Scot" from down south this week?

:xmas-big-grin:

Back