MacRetro chat and rides thread

I said we were straying from retrobikes, I didn't say its an affront to use anything else. This however is retrobike and thus the whole point is retrobikes, thats all I'm saying.

A retro only meet was touted a few times but no real uptake(a bit of criticism IIRC), I still think its a good idea to have at least once a year. A wee revisit to Drumlanrig would be nice, haven't been for a while. Could also be the special event if we all do retro.

What about touting Drumlanrig Retro Only meet sometime in May/June, about a month after our proposed Spring Epic. In fact late May/early June does not seem to clash with anything on the national calendar.

We promote it as our MacRetro Special Event for all of Retrobike. Based on our last National there we might get a few southerners.

That would take the pressure off us for our backcountry epics we do ourselves plus it keeps a spring/summer event authentically on retro message. Also keeps it down to a day ride.

sounds a good idea, ideal place for it. natural old styled trails

tbh there's more enjoyment and riding in the big backcountry rides on bouncy bikes with big wheels

If in May/June and set up just now it would give folks time to get ready for it if they wished. Maybe finish off that bike thats taking forever or show off some new stuff. Could do the bike of the meet again and such like. As in all the real proper retro meet stuff.

Some of us dont actually have or have for very long 'retrobikes' as were going to call them.
Some cant afford much past a single bike(albeit a tad expensive,but thats not the point)

I also like the diversity in this section, old new borrowed blue , a bit of everything and a bit for everybody :? Beginning to sound a bit elitist :?
Masses ?

I was going to propose a mudguard wide enough for these 'fatties' as im not sure what you have in general sale beyond motorcycle or automotive. Wider would be easier i think :? Allows a concave curve to be formed with less stresses on the thin veneers. C**t to clamp up though :LOL:

Dyna, do you own or ride a new bike ?

When you have a bike its usually an older one your lovingly and beautifully restoring which impresses me and thats good enough for me.

Retrobikes is the term this site uses for old bikes as an old school mtb forum would call theirs old school. We've not suddenly started calling them this.

Have a look on UKfatbikes.co.uk website if you can be bothered joining, its not an open forum like here and look at the mudguard debates. There is definitely a market for wider guards.

Back