MacRetro chat and rides thread

saw him cycle thru killie last week or so- looking very fit and hardy as it was pishing down at the time- must have fancied a killie pie!

Think we need a retrobike ride on retro bikes guys some time in the nearish future, we all seem to be straying from the whole Retro scene via fatbikes etc at the moment.

A ride in someones local area such as Gmacs territory, or something mad like a inter Glasgow circuit of the three parks that contain mtb trails: Pollock Park, Alexandra Park and Cathkin Braes

Something suitable for proper retro machinery.

I know its winter and gloopy mud is everywhere but its good to blast away the cobwebs.

Sorry, forgot but I bet there will still be modern bikes unless retro is insisted on ! :oops:
I'll need to negotiate a lift to be there anyhoo so that might scratch me off the list.

Still I'm working on a Glasgow loop just for the hell of it. Pollock Park to Cathkin Braes via White Cart Water Cycleway looks very doable.

RobMac":2gogma5o said:
velomaniac":2gogma5o said:
we all seem to be straying from the whole Retro scene via fatbikes etc at the moment.

Absolutely correct ......................

+1 chaps, don't think the zaskar made it out last year :? although the ole Klein made it out tonight :p had some fun at carron valley, good fun park, seemed to be a series of fire road ups and nice narrow twisty downs with lots of jump offs (which I pretty much avoided in the dark). thin a dayligh revisit would be fun.

velomaniac":2gogma5o said:
Still I'm working on a Glasgow loop just for the hell of it. Pollock Park to Cathkin Braes via White Cart Water Cycleway looks very doable.

don't want to discourage, cathkins good fun, but essentially it's a 4/5Km race loop, Pollock tbh is very popular with families/dog walking and will be busy at the weekend. tbh don't even know what white cart water is. but lets not knock it without trying.

Gaz came through during the summer and we embarked on something similar to the below, more pleasant social trundle along the clyde and through the country parks than exciting track. it takes in a section of the clyde walkway, into barnshaugh nature reserve, strathy park and chatelherault country park.

tour of lanarkshire sample route by gmac123, on Flickr

RobMac":27zs0hr6 said:
velomaniac":27zs0hr6 said:
we all seem to be straying from the whole Retro scene via fatbikes etc at the moment.

Absolutely correct ......................

Look, it's winter. How many classic cars do you see out at this time of year? For a lot of us it's the same thing. Modern stuff for everyday use and the classic stuff for special occasions. I do agree that for the main rides we (I) could make more of an effort, my STS only came out for the Glentress summer ride this year, and us regulars were pretty poor at the Xmas ride.
At the end of the day it's all bikes. We are on this site because we have an interest in older bikes but this doesn't mean we shouldn't ride anything else.

Back