MacRetro chat and rides thread

Looks interesting.
Richard Moore is a good author, his book on Robert Miller was a great read. He also gave a film presentation of The High Life when the book was released which due to his background was just as fascinating. IIRC that was at the Mountain film Festival at Fort William a few years back, the one that was with Gary fisher and our old mate Charlie.
Look forward to seeing how this progresses as I really like David Millar.

Jamie

Yeah, I think he does mention it. During the talk he gave he said how there were rumours etc going around and as he had known Robert said he never discussed it with him and thought it was a personal issue anyway.
I remember not long after I came to Scotland I went to Billy Bilslands shop to see his Polka dot jersey, still hanging there framed. A bit dusty and hidden up in the corner, but still there.

Jamie

old_coyote_pedaller":rmeo23fa said:
It was watching Robert Millar on the Tour in the late '80's on Channel 4 around '86 ish that got me interested in the Tour.
Watched it every year since.

Ya just waitin fur a glimpse o his tits!

Regardless of his sexuality, he comes across as not only being a great rider, but also a very intelligent, driven person, as well as a nice guy, even if a bit eccentric. I've found his blog posts on cyclingnews.com the last two years during the Tour to be very insightful and honest.

Jamie

Back