MacRetro chat and rides thread

The Ken":3p7x41vy said:
gmac123":3p7x41vy said:
@ken - not sure where we're sitting, my mate got the tickets. so 4 of us, including wifey and radek. loose plan to go to west brewery ~noon, beer, lunch track. would be good to meet up, you're welcome to join us for lunch.

Might be possible, do you know if west brewery has a kids licence? I'll have the wee man with me and we'll need lunch when we arrive anyway.

yip kid's defo allowed, it's a popular place in sunny summer days (when ever these are) with families coming off the park for a bite and refreshment. I'll pm you a mob number and we can see how things are panning out

never raced in a wooden velodrome to experience the full friction burn thing, I've done a little on ash running tracks, concrete track (grangemouth) and grass track (highland games) as a kid. our one planned trip to medowbank got cancelled by the rain..

envious

Hi guys
Have a great time at the track meet, really envious, so is Heather.
We used to go to Manchester quite regularly before we moved up here to the edge of the world :roll:
Been to many revolution meets, world cups and the world champs a couple of years ago.
Hopefully once we move south I would be up for the track sessions, sounds really good, they have the same at Manchester.
Anyway I'm sure you'll enjoy it.
Jamie

Got a new project this weekend - I really don't need any more bikes but I do need a build something, so this arrived for Mrs Rumble...

DSC00547.jpg

Great day out at the velodrome today, proper dad son adventure. Good to see rado, gmac, mrs gmac and friend too. Watched Laura trott win gold in the omnium and Harry saw Danny MacAskill

The Ken":11lr5h5f said:
Great day out at the velodrome today, proper dad son adventure. Good to see rado, gmac, mrs gmac and friend too. Watched Laura trott win gold in the omnium and Harry saw Danny MacAskill

It was on TV today.I had a look but couldnt see you TK.Was your event televised?

Just watched a wee bit of vid DaveDH recorded when he was riding up at Aviemore yesterday. Shows him piling down 4 or so miles of brilliant fast flowing singletrack back toward Aviemore :cool:
When he's loaded it up to YouTube he'll post a link, looks brilliant fun and he says its fully retro rigid friendly :D

Back