MacRetro chat and rides thread

zigzag":3j1btjrw said:
Info here for accreditation:

http://www.emiratesarena.co.uk/velodrom ... cling.aspx

So 4 sessions:
1. Taster -> 2. Skills -> 3. Prep for Accreditation -> 4. Accreditation as I understand it.

Could be pretty cool, something a bit different and also (sort of) on my way home from work.

haven't looked into it tbh, believe that santa's doing that :LOL:

just thought that group training sessions would be good in winter, when you're not that likely to be doing many miles. i'm only about 10 miles or so away, would be stupid to not try and make use of such a great facility.

Believe they have a stack of dolan track bikes with look pedals for hire. It looks a good opportunity to have a shot at a different type of cycling, and potentially another bike to build :LOL:

gmac123":3m0py646 said:
@ken - not sure where we're sitting, my mate got the tickets. so 4 of us, including wifey and radek. loose plan to go to west brewery ~noon, beer, lunch track. would be good to meet up, you're welcome to join us for lunch.

Might be possible, do you know if west brewery has a kids licence? I'll have the wee man with me and we'll need lunch when we arrive anyway.

Just noticed they have a kids menu, looks good and near the venue, I can aim to arrive when you are looking to eat.

Kaiser, I know very little about track but it is exciting to watch and microKen is dead keen to see it in the flesh so I just booked tickets, it's a bit of a gamble but an ipod should fill the quiet spots for him.

As for a visit, few guys in my road club have been....

36325_10152215710905501_1784138388_n.jpg

Oooft! I have also suffered a fixed wheel over the bars incident!

Track bikes are worse, nae brakes and bad toe clip geometry with a ride position over the front wheel plus your usually properly clipped in so you cant jump clear of the bike when it goes wrong :shock:

Tracks too scary and fitness requiring for me !

although the bruising is an impact injury from hitting the boards the red raw bit is a friction burn, I assumed you would just slide along the boards with out the need for blood lubrication.

You'd slide provided your clothing maintained the interface between skin and wood surface. However as a child I learned you do get friction burns from skin to wood via sliding across a wooden gym floor in my shorts whilst falling over when running around like a mad thing, bloody hurt that did :cry:

Back