Maclean?

Wow, yes. That is a Maclean Apollo. An amazing find. One of the most spectacular examples of ornate lugs ever produced.
Hopefully someone on here will go along and rescue them all! Can’t see much of the lugs but the fork crown looked interesting also the front hub and the saddle looked decent. Not for me but I thought I’d post for others.

It was the Peugeot that first caught my eye as my dad had one identical in the ‘80s. It was stolen from just inside the back gate shortly before he was about to ride it to work one morning. He arrested the unfortunate thief a few hours later trying to ride it to Lincoln…..

Hopefully someone on here will go along and rescue them all! Can’t see much of the lugs but the fork crown looked interesting also the front hub and the saddle looked decent. Not for me but I thought I’d post for others.

It was the Peugeot that first caught my eye as my dad had one identical in the ‘80s. It was stolen from just inside the back gate shortly before he was about to ride it to work one morning. He arrested the unfortunate thief a few hours later trying to ride it to Lincoln…..
Was your Dad a Bobby? "Arrested the unfortunate".

Couple of miles from my house - will pop round to see it in flesh ahead of auction and report back....saw it mentioned on FB too

I'd love to see some clearer pictures of these bikes, especially the Maclean, to get a better idea of their condition.
You'd have to ask the auction house. The ones on here are from their site. If you do that be aware you'll alert them to the fact it's a gem, not a crock, and precipitate a revaluation. That'll be up, not down. Just bid on the whole lot!

Back