MacFatro - Fatbike news and builds thread

Uist Boy (Andy) from the UK FatBike Forum and Brian (epicyclo) from her and there ;) came up with what was a great sounding ride for Global fat Bike Day last Saturday (as though we need an excuse). The plan was around the shoreline, in its many different forms, start from opposite Little Ferry, just south of Golspie, Embo, Dornach and down the Dornach Forth to the bridge. Then up the opposite side of the Forth, past the distillery, past the bombing range, which would keep us locked to the shoreline with no access to bail out, and on to Portmahomack. Unfortunatly we ran out of light about halfway through so headed cross country to get back to the cars. Was joined by Andy Laing, a fellow Pugsley singlespeeder and just a shame as Brian had to pull out at the last minute.
A great day out as after a very late start due to me having to change cars first thing before the couple of hours drive, which seen me lose at least an hour. The weather was great as it stayed dry on us while all around us at varying times looked very dark and stormy. The high tide was just receding as we hit the beach and this made some parts very heavy going, especially as I just didn't seem to have my legs on today, or my mojo was well on holiday. While we got about half way round the original route, we at least have a pre planned ride for the next time out.
Everyday out on the Pugsley is a good day, and this one certainly didn't disappiont.

Jamie

Looking North

Two of the coolest Pugs you'll see.........................ours ;)

Re:

looks deserted there; i got to gullan on the moonlander seemed to cope with sand so much better
with 5 in tyres :D kept an eye on how otherswere working hard most were on pugs,
or on ones no mukluks there out of 15 bikes :shock: others were 9;;7
really enjoyed being in Scotland and plan to get up there more times fatbikeing :cool:

Yeah, it was nice and deserted, it wasn't too hard but I would love to have a Moonie as well.
If you want to head up this way anytime just give me a shout.
Are you coming up for Forth fat this year?

Jamie

Re:

god yes got to get to that;;only been to scotland 3 times but like its great;;
seen the other pics with the railway in;;think its on the forum and would like to do that one
defo be up for all the rides i can ,look out for some cheap wheels for a mukluk'had a frame
for a year and never got it built up they have to be cheap ,lol :facepalm:

Nice wee write up as usual Jamie.
thumbs_up_smiley.gif

I was out for a pre dawn raid on the Moonie today. Cruising along on frozen sand while the sun comes up is a nice way to start the day. :mrgreen:

While I was out I realised it must be coming up for 2 years now that I've had the big beast. Checked the dates just now and it will be 2 years tomorrow.

So a couple of pics to celebrate.

Moonieandme009_zps33002000.jpg

Moonieandme008_zps3256cfcf.jpg

Moonieandme006_zpsf097e139.jpg

Been a couple of changes since this pic was taken. :LOL:

IMG_0363_zps8e6082a0.jpg

Happy birthday.
birthday-cake-with-candles-smiley-emoticon.gif

Re:

Hi mate
Happy birthday Moonie!
You dont look a day over 1 ;)

Hopefully we'll catch up soon, maybe at Dunkeld.
We had a light dusting this morning but thats about it so far. I am thinking of heading out tonight for a late night ride. Not sure where at the moment.
Jamie

Re:

Jamie - I was just saying today while out on a walk (roads were a bit icy for cycling) that these beaches would be perfect for a fatbike... you didn't quite reach my stretch but nearly! Quite an ambitious ride for this time of year, not surprised you ran out of light - it's starting to get dark not long after 2PM... Sadly I don't think I can justify the expense or space for another bike, though I've been very tempted over the past year to build a fatbike as a replacement for my mountain bike.

Lovely sunny day here, just a tad cold! In fact the sea foam had frozen at the high tide line. Frozen sand is great to ride on though. Took it easy as I haven't been given the all clear for mountain biking yet, but the beach riding in pretty low speed with no big impacts so I thought I'd give it a go. Everything felt fine but I still feel the shoulder's a bit weak, need to get to the gym to build it back up gradually. Hope to be ready for Baltic Bawbags though.

IMG_0500 by steven.clubb, on Flickr

IMG_0502 by steven.clubb, on Flickr

Re:

Nice pics Clubby.
Everything around here is just solid ice but hopefully will try and get out around the coast this afternoon.
Take it easy on the ice though Clubby, you dont want any setbacks ;)
Be good to catch up with everyone at Dunkeld, its been far too long I think since we all had a decent ride and laugh together.

Jamie

Latest posts

Back