MacFatro - Fatbike news and builds thread

Re:

A quote from BikeRadar about the Salsa Beargrease : "Will a fat bike ever wholly replace your standard mountain bike? Not likely. But for well-heeled riders looking to extend their riding seasons well into the winter months".

Re:

I'd kinda agree with that Rob, I hasn't replaced my standard mountain bike but it has for quite a few folks and unless always going that little bit faster or (arguably) further is essential they are a lot more practical than many think. I've just removed the child seat, flat pedals and racks from mine, mudguards and spd's are on (I'll get the floater fitted soon enough). I'm hoping to do the bulk of my crummy weather miles on it now.

So is there like an 'all-mountain' or 'aggressive' fatbike out there or are they all kinda #soexpedition geometry wise? I reckon I could enjoy one that was setup for smashing stuff.

Re:

shogun, the On One Fatty has 'trail' geometry i.e on the fun side of things. Then you've got the Rocky Mountain Blizzard and the newer Salsa Mukluks are less expedition and more typical trail geo. Nicolai also did a rather nice fat bike too. With the arrival of the RS Bluto they are becoming a whole lot more capable.

RM Blizzard.
Brandon-Crichton-fat-bike-blizzard.jpg

Re:

Global Fat Bike day 6th of Dec (I think) anyone doing owt?

Back