MacFatro - Fatbike news and builds thread

47mm is minimum but only really works if you run higher psi, which defeats the float advantage of wider rims. Even I, sceptic and cheapskate that I am, accept this. Thus I've bought 65mm wide rims from Robsson which will be a half way house from present 50mm rims to the pretty much norm 80mm. My rims cost £70 delivered for a pair, there in DHL transit as I type. As for 170 v 135mm hubs this for me is not an issue as I'll be fitting them to a frame I'm custom bodging and thus will tailor whats available to my needs.

If your the patient type, sit back and bag the components you need as and when they become available at a price your happy with, that frame for example.

Or just buy that Caribou. BTW the Puffin isn't singlespeed only and there are a few more available to be order at the start of February.

I haven't the foggiest about Fatbikes but came across the new Charge Cooker Maxi and thought you might like to see it

Click

Got permission from the good lady for fatbike purchase!!! Didna think I would want another bike but having tried jamies at aviemore and seen clubby in snow at kelty I think these things just look so much fun.

No rush for this year but would like to have one for the autumn and winter.

Plenty of time for research and advice on:
Pugsley, pug ops or mukluk.

Aye, loads of choice if you are prepared to wait Keith.

Personally I'd steer away from the Pugs just now. For about the same money as the Pugs Ops I think Sideways Tim would build you a nice 9:zero:7.

Also Spesh and Trek may be available here by the time you are looking to buy. Choices choices choices. ;)

How fat do you need to go to get good flotation.....

1464656_573443742746653_1546060007_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back