MacFatro - Fatbike news and builds thread

Just a long day at work I suppose :(
No drink, no smoke, just dinner and a cuppa :)

You go back and read it in that Riddler type voice from the 70's Batman show with Adam West ;)
Now smile
Jamie

old_coyote_pedaller":1rmoe13g said:
velo, could you answer me this, even with 4" tyres on the 16" wheels, won't there be a reduction in rolling diameter of wheels and therefore a lower BB height which could lead to a pedal/ground clearance problem?

I've just worked out Velo's cunning plan to outretrotech me.

That's not a "problem" - it's an auxiliary intermittent direct ground propulsion drive. It will lift those tiny wheels out of the bogholes they'll fall into, and with metal spikes on the bottom of the pedals, it will be the best performing bike on the ice at the 'Puffer. Leading teams will be queuing up to borrow it.

Mmm, I'm going to have to up the technology of my project. That's it, I'll use some of those new matic tyres :)

It must have been a repeat in the '70's because I saw it in the '60's, but it wasn't my cup of tea. :LOL:
Even then it seemed more than a wee bit camp. And Frank Gorshin was a weirdo, creeped me out.

epicyclo":wjibql4o said:
old_coyote_pedaller":wjibql4o said:
velo, could you answer me this, even with 4" tyres on the 16" wheels, won't there be a reduction in rolling diameter of wheels and therefore a lower BB height which could lead to a pedal/ground clearance problem?

I've just worked out Velo's cunning plan to outretrotech me.

That's not a "problem" - it's an auxiliary intermittent direct ground propulsion drive. It will lift those tiny wheels out of the bogholes they'll fall into, and with metal spikes on the bottom of the pedals, it will be the best performing bike on the ice at the 'Puffer. Leading teams will be queuing up to borrow it.

Mmm, I'm going to have to up the technology of my project. That's it, I'll use some of those new matic tyres :)

Ah, I think you've got something there. Bolt crampons to underside of pedals, fit smaller wheels, in fact throw them to feck, and you could run the bike round the course. :roll:

Hmmm,
e14549.gif
SPD crampons.

Now, where's that patent application form?
e14436.gif

epicyclo: How retro can you boys go? or should that be regressive?
OCP: They would have been reruns as it was early seventies, I dont remember much of the sixties ;)
Camp, in hindsight, yes, creepy, definately.
Did you read that first line with that voice?

Jamie

Latest posts

Back