M900 FD 31.8 bottom pull.

Hi,

Can't help with a M900 but perhaps you can seek out a 34.9mm and shim it? I think of the 3 sizes Shimano made the 31.8mm is the hardest to come by and you'll probably have more joy with finding a 34.9mm. I was looking for a 28.6mm XTR M953 T/P but couldn't find one so I am now using a shimmed 34.9mm version and had no probs. I'm about to change frames and will re-use and shim down to 31.8mm.

If, however, you 're not completely stuck on using a M900 I do have a M953 in 31.8mm in a B/P.

Jules

Thanks mate for head up, appreciate it. Don't mind shim, in fact I'm use it in couple of my bikes but I'll rather wait for right one in this case. I have M735? in grey M900-ish colour shade at the moment so just waiting for lucky strike.
I'm a bit fussy about this particular build :)

Understand entirely how you feel, when a bike has to "just so" it just has to be that way.

Hope the right size turns up for you soon

Happy trails

i'm pretty sure i got one in 31.8, bit might be a top pull

will dig it up and post a picture.

edit: found it, it's a bottom pull, but it's not mint but 100% usable. pm send

grtz, Danny

I actually have the same problem! I have a very good condition XTR FD M900 in 34.9, but need one with a 31.8 clamp. Do you have a picture how it looks with an adapter? Which or what kind of adapter did you use??? Thanks for your help!!!

Cheers,
Alex

julesg007":1neetyox said:
Hi,

Can't help with a M900 but perhaps you can seek out a 34.9mm and shim it? I think of the 3 sizes Shimano made the 31.8mm is the hardest to come by and you'll probably have more joy with finding a 34.9mm. I was looking for a 28.6mm XTR M953 T/P but couldn't find one so I am now using a shimmed 34.9mm version and had no probs. I'm about to change frames and will re-use and shim down to 31.8mm.

If, however, you 're not completely stuck on using a M900 I do have a M953 in 31.8mm in a B/P.

Jules

Hi,

I can sort out a photo but it'll be tomorrow as although I have a 34.9mm t/p M900 and a shim to take it down to 31.8mm I'll have to dig them out and dummy mount it on one of my frames.

The shimmed one I am currently running is a M953.

Cheers

Hi all,

Here are some pics of what a M900/M901 would look like shimmed.

The shims I have are from a modern XTR FM and that is why they are wider than the clamp on the M901 I am using for the pics. The band on my FD-M953 is a little wide and uniform in width so it fits a little better and as it is darker the shim doesn't show as much. It seems that if you buy a modern 34.9mm Shimano FM you are given shims to down size to 31.8mm and 28.6mm. You may be able to buy them seperately but I haven't looked for them myself.

I would like to say though that the shim is not for sale as I'll be using it myself, so sorry chaps. ;) :(

Pics below.

Jules

Attachments

• XTR FD-M901 Shimmed P3.JPG
    XTR FD-M901 Shimmed P3.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 775
  • XTR FD-M901 Shimmed P2.JPG
    XTR FD-M901 Shimmed P2.JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 775
  • XTR FD-M901 Shimmed P1.JPG
    XTR FD-M901 Shimmed P1.JPG
    203.5 KB · Views: 775