Lucky #7 (Boulder Ti Peacock Fade, full photos on PG2!!)

Im confused thats one bike right? Blue one side and green/purple on the other.

Pity you are looking to sell it, looks in great condition.

Re: Re:

24pouces":ng6kk9kg said:
rare to see painted titanium…
Those Boulder works fine for such old suspension bike. Mine is always ready for riding :D

I didn't know that Boulder used Risse shocker in 1992. I thought they were built with the first generation Work Performance. Is it an update ?

YOURS is the one I saw that's actually being ridden. I'm glad to see it hits the trail! I wish you were closer we could have a nice meet up. There's no way that the Risse shock is original, and it seems like an early version or a prototype since the nipple goes straight, instead of canted to the side... causing the original owner to have to saw off the Canti hanger to be able to pump it up......

Mr.Toad":ng6kk9kg said:

The original parts were Paint to Match Mag20 (I have some MAG20 but they're sh*t shocks so they aren't going on this bike) Boulder Brakes (canti), the Grafton cranks that are still on it, with Grafton pedals, Shimano parts (SunTour or Campy as options as well) Answer Hyperlight bars, Answer ATAC or Boulder stem (He opted for Answer ATAC) he opted for Grafton brakes although it looks like he changed his mind on the order sheet to the Boulder brakes, Ringle steel QR that were swapped with Cooks Bros, Chris King headset.

The individual purchasing it may have been involved with the company because the price list for 1992 lists $3295 for the Intrepid Ti (non painted) but the person bought the Intrepid Ti with peacock fade for $2335 and an extra $40 for the painted parts. The all american parts pic listed for $2190 and he paid $1495, and the XTR Drive Train was listed as an additional $250 over the XT that would have been provided (I think). I'm not sure what the extra fade paint charge of $75 is but it's on there.

Where'd you dig up that picture Mr.Toad? It looks god awful similar to the one in my dealer pamphlet.

Anyone have any guesses as to the history? I'm going to try calling the bike shop that sold it but I have no idea if they will remember it.

02gf74":ng6kk9kg said:

It's the same bike. You're correct that it's both painted differently from front to back and side to side. Pretty crazy stuff.

I take the subtle hint that you guys want me to get rid of the Moots YBB instead? It's a strong consideration. :xmas-wink:

THANK YOU VERY MUCH TO MR.TOAD AND 24POUNCES among others for the help and interest. MR.TOAD in particular :) If you're ever in Ohio and I haven't sold it yet, please feel free to rip it around the trails ;)

Mr.Toad":2vmyz0al said:
Found the picture on this blog:

http://neonsolar.blogspot.com/2012/10/m ... fiant.html

Outstanding images of a Defiant with what sounds like a very similar build to yours.

Seeing your Boulder is great motivation for me to finish my Gazelle build.

Link me to your Gazelle build!!!! Also if you're ever in or around Ohio we should get together and ride!!! You're more than welcome to any of my stable of bicycles, including the Peacock. :) It would be even better with a Boulder meet up though ;)

I've really appreciated all the help from you and I appreciate the interest! Maybe if there are a few other boulder riders we should start a group, if there isn't one already. They're kind of tough to come by info for. If you need any copies of the original instruction manual or anything I'd be more than happy to scan them. As well as the original kit specs / prices.

bwhsh8r":24n0wr0h said:
Mr.Toad":24n0wr0h said:
Found the picture on this blog:

http://neonsolar.blogspot.com/2012/10/m ... fiant.html

Outstanding images of a Defiant with what sounds like a very similar build to yours.

Seeing your Boulder is great motivation for me to finish my Gazelle build.

Link me to your Gazelle build!!!! Also if you're ever in or around Ohio we should get together and ride!!! You're more than welcome to any of my stable of bicycles, including the Peacock. :) It would be even better with a Boulder meet up though ;)

I've really appreciated all the help from you and I appreciate the interest! Maybe if there are a few other boulder riders we should start a group, if there isn't one already. They're kind of tough to come by info for. If you need any copies of the original instruction manual or anything I'd be more than happy to scan them. As well as the original kit specs / prices.

^ excellent idea! Most Boulder builders and riders I think tend to hold unto and love them. I've haven't been able to ride mine yet, but I hope I will soon!

Link is in my post above, click on the "neonsolor" link and enjoy.

24pouces":253s28om said:
rare to see painted titanium…
Those Boulder works fine for such old suspension bike. Mine is always ready for riding :D

I didn't know that Boulder used Risse shocker in 1992. I thought they were built with the first generation Work Performance. Is it an update ?

Not really sure why my Risse shock has the nipple pointed straight at the Canti holder (that they sawed off) where as all the ones I've seen have the filling nipple off to the side. Not really sure what to make of that? Any guesses.

Also I took it out and rode it last night on some single track and it's a fantastic bicycle. So much fun!! I'm fairly confident I'll sell the Moots first at this point (although I hopefully won't have to sell both.)

Mr.Toad, you should be EXCITED ;) If I'm considering getting rid of a perfectly kitted YBB that should be your sign this is no ordinary outdated full-susser.

If I take it out again soon Ill take some pictures of it in its natural habitat.

Grumble.... hopefully you guys can help me sell my Moots YBB because I just invested in a Tune blue stem, purple hyperlite bars and I'm working on a fork.

Re:

Beautiful bike :cool: Always had some lust for one of these from the early US mags but alas never seen one in the flesh.

Re:

I've strayed from this site a bit lately - but when I stumbled on this thread, I remember why I should visit more. I've been a member of the 'Boulder Club" since '93 when I got an Intrepid (4130 Cro-Mo, Marzocchi XC400s and Suntour XC-Pro) which I have since sold. But I did replace it with a Starship in '97 which I still have.

Back