Lucky #7 (Boulder Ti Peacock Fade, full photos on PG2!!)

Re: Lucky #7 (now try and guess what it is)

Thias":2pyizwsp said:
Oh! I think I know. That Bolder contraption...
Boulder Intrepid TI ?
That last pic might be the seat-tube-inserted dampener "from behind".

YES!!! You got it!

Attachments

• IMG_1870.jpg
    IMG_1870.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 677
  • IMG_1874.jpg
    IMG_1874.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 677
  • IMG_1875.jpg
    IMG_1875.jpg
    158.6 KB · Views: 676
  • IMG_1872.jpg
    IMG_1872.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 675
Re:

Intrepid Ti with the peacock fade?!?

We require more pictures. From what I can see the condition looks outstanding.

Re: Lucky #7 (Boulder Ti Peacock Fade, reveal coming tonight)

ooh that is a unicorn, looking forward to this...

Re: Re:

Mr.Toad":zvjrn1jt said:
Intrepid Ti with the peacock fade?!?

We require more pictures. From what I can see the condition looks outstanding.
DrJo":zvjrn1jt said:
Thanks guys!! :) Glad you're excited!

I'll start a build thread once I put it more retro, but here it is as it sits so far...

P.s. ignore the fact that the front fork looks like it's blown..... Marzocchi EEC makes no sense to me, but I guess I had the rebound locked out (why wouldn't they build it with compression lock out??) so the front end is dropped in most of the photos.

Attachments

• IMG_1891.jpg
    IMG_1891.jpg
    267.7 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_1896.jpg
    IMG_1896.jpg
    213.1 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_1897.jpg
    IMG_1897.jpg
    295.1 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_1898.jpg
    IMG_1898.jpg
    283.1 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG_1899.jpg
    IMG_1899.jpg
    242.2 KB · Views: 610
  • IMG_1900.jpg
    IMG_1900.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 610
Re: Re:

Mr.Toad":3lh5yb6i said:
Really, really nice bike.

What are you plans? Rebuild? Ride as is?

Due to some extremely unfortunate circumstances I'm probably going to be forced to sell it. Unless I want to sell my Moots YBB but I've had it a lot longer and it is set up exactly as I've dreamed it would be. The Boulder is a lot rarer though with the paperwork and particularly with the paint.... tough decisions.

I've got Paul V-brakes, Bontrager/TiTek ti bars/Onza TI bar ends lined up for it. It should go without saying the flat pedals will go away immediately as well... just threw those on to get the picture of me riding it :) I don't do wall hangers.

Might also swap the Chris Kings with my Hugi/217/Mythos XC skin wall wheel set since I'm not sure where they got the idea for red parts on this bike and the Hugi wheels are the proper age. I'm pretty sure the hubs and skewers are original to the bike though (although they have been re-laced by Colorado Cyclist with Mavic XC717 rims.

What do you guys think of that plan? It will get rid of the riser bar/bar end combo which I think would be a good start.

Thanks everyone!!! I'm glad you like it so far. If you have any suggestions feel free to chip in!

Re:

Bummer that you are thinking of selling it, especially before you really have a chance to dial it in and hit the locals trails.

Bikes are so personal it's tough to lend a opinion, though I will state the obvious about the fork being overly compressed. Just needs air? That would be #1 on my to do list.

I noticed on the original build sheet it was spec'd with a full US build, Boulder brakes, XTR drivetrain, invoice from 1992. So originally it was probably built with a Mag20 fork (with the cool custom paint and more than likely Boulder fork brace). M900 cranks, shifters, derailleurs. Stem and seatpost i'm guessing either Answer or Control Tech. Other parts are purely a guess.

In any case it's a rare and beautiful bike. Dial in that fork and let us know how she rides.

Re:

rare to see painted titanium…
Those Boulder works fine for such old suspension bike. Mine is always ready for riding :D

I didn't know that Boulder used Risse shocker in 1992. I thought they were built with the first generation Work Performance. Is it an update ?

Latest posts

Back