Lowered Price 1994 Fat Chance Team Yo Eddy...with a twist!!

aboardabike

Dirt Disciple
Any one who knows their old MTB's hopefuly will appreciate this restored and modified example of the ultimate american steel hardtail classic.....certainly not many left as it took me almost a year to find one in this size and outstanding condition!

The twist is that it has been bang up-to-date with modern handling and powerful disc brakes whilst still maintaining it's retro qualities and super sharp handling characteristics...trust me this bike has not been "thrown" together with some fancy names parts fitted just to sell it! The bike is an out and out race machine (the former owner/builder racing at the national retro bike champs!) It's been built to be ridden and enjoyed! People often gawp at it and comment

1994 Fat Chance Team Yo Eddy in amazing custom mixed "grellow" paint...12 coats of alternating fluro yellow and green paint pigment in clear laquer! It literally glows and is certainly the closest match I've seen to the original team colour.

Measures 15..5" Centre-to-top seat tube (suitable for 5'6"-5'10" rider).

sideshotnoncrankside.jpg

sidefrontsetup.jpg

saddle.jpg

rearmech.jpg

reardisc.jpg

frontfull.jpg

forkscrankside.jpg

forkleganddisc.jpg

fatchancelogo.jpg

cranksidefullshot.jpg

controldeck.jpg

size.jpg

Frame restored and modified by Kevin Winter (top frame builder from the north! - Google his name to see how good his work is!)....modifications include removing brake bosses, cable guides, brake stop and brazing in new disc mount, hose guides and brace between chain/seatstay. Custom made replicas of original decals were fitted as a final touch.

Forks - heavily customised 2001 Rock Shox SID Hydra Air 80/100mm with brake bosses removed and fully colour coded to match frame. Custom decals in style of rinal Rock Shox RS1's. Fork crown is from Rock Shox Judy's as to help maintain the original geometry of the bike. A lot of thought and consideration has gone into this! The steerer has been adapted from threaded to aheadset and has a welded piece of tube...not pretty but does the job fine!

Components were mainly NOS when fitted a couple of years ago - please bare in mind the bike hasn't had much heavy use! I've ridden the bike no more than 10 times since I've owned it from March.

Stem - Ringle Zooka, Bars - Fisher Bulge (slight sweep back to get riding position just right), ODI lock-on grips, Headset - Chris King Aheadset, Saddle - Flight Titanium, Seatpost - Control Tech (few splits at top), Seat clamp and QR - Ringle, QR skewers - USE, Shifters and mechs - XTR 900's, Chain - KMC, wheels - Sun Ringle Rims on XT and Commencal hubs, Tyres - WTB, Brakes - Formula B4 Pro 4 piston disc brakes, Cables and hoses - Goodridge, Cranks - Grafton, Chainrings - Middleburn and Pace with self extracting crank bolts.

Lots of eye candy parts in anodised red to keep the theme going thorughout the bike!

As mentioned the bike has been built to be ridden and enjoyed whilst being able to hold it's own against modern hardtail bikes. There are a couple of chips on the frame from use (nothing horrific though!) as I bought the bike like this and haven't added any! Worth noting is the chainstay behind the cranks (looks to be caused from "chainsuck" possibly?), frame and fork dropouts (from wheels being removed/refitted), and what looks to be like a dent in the top tube but is actually a flaw in the paint to my eyes. Non of this takes away from how outstanding this bike looks and rides.

Be sad to let it go, but needs must.

Priced to sell at £1100. Now £950!!!Come grab a timeless piece of MTB history for a sensible price!

Any questions etc just contact me on here or if prefer PM me. Cheers! :tup:[/b]

Niiice. I wondered where this had ended up after it last sold. It's got quite a lot of history on this site. DrS did a great job on it.

That bike looks so nice!! Unfortunately I don't have the money and I don't have the space for it.
What kind of Control Tech seatpost is that? Never seen it before. Modern stuff?

AAAAAAAAARGH!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I wanted to buy this about a month ago, but DrS told me that it had been sold. And now I've gone and bought 2 bikes so I don't have the money!!!!

Frustrated much?!?!

Loved this when it first came up for sale earlier this year, still love it now... 'tis a cool as bike and very tempting... whereabouts are you based?

This bike again. And no matter how long I stare at it, doesn't get any larger to suit me.

Latest posts

Back