For Sale Lower price Planet x hard tale frame

hot chilli

Retro Guru
Planet x frame. Layout style looks like the jack flash but nothing other than an X on the cross bar. No dents or cracks.
Date code showing it as being a 1998 frame.
£85 quid. Could probably find a box to post it in. Would be with royal mail or parcel force. Would need to check a price.
.....Edit having looked around £65 seems more like what I should be asking.

Attachments

• IMG_20240904_203327_1.jpg
    IMG_20240904_203327_1.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_20240904_203400_7.jpg
    IMG_20240904_203400_7.jpg
    386.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Its date coded around the BB as they all are. 1998. Almost all of the hard tails from
planet x had disc tabs from even earlier. They were sold on the fact that you could use either V's or disc

Centre of BB to top of seat tube 15.5 inch.
Or 13.5 center of BB to top of cross bar.
Some people like one way or the other.
For 26" wheels (have seen them on 24" too but only disc)
27.2 seat post size.
1 1/8 headset
68mm bb
It's ally but not sure what ally they were made from, I'm sure the info is out there.

Its date coded around the BB as they all are. 1998. Almost all of the hard tails from
planet x had disc tabs from even earlier. They were sold on the fact that you could use either V's or disc
Must have been an option then as I've seen newer Jack Flashes then without disc tabs.

I don't think this is a jack flash from the stickers but, they were all very much the same from that age. A number of different paint jobs all based on the same frames.
All with disc and canti bosses. Much later they just came with disc mounts.
As they were being sold as just frames they wanted to cater to all.

I don't think this is a jack flash from the stickers but, they were all very much the same from that age. A number of different paint jobs all based on the same frames.
All with disc and canti bosses. Much later they just came with disc mounts.
As they were being sold as just frames they wanted to cater to all.

You're not wrong there - they do all look the same! This is a Gen 1 Jack Flash though (no reinforced headtube to prevent cracks) circa 95 apparently. No disc tabs for this one. Looks identical otherwise!

Attachments

• IMG_3834.jpeg
    IMG_3834.jpeg
    563.7 KB · Views: 15
Back