Lovely Little Lava Dome Size 18, 94 reduced £155 posted !!!!

Charlieboy28

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Lovely Little Lava Dome Size 18, 94

I have for sale a lovely little lava dome from 1994, the bike is largely original, other than the rear rim, front mech, grips and rear tyre oh and saddle.

So erm right then. size 18 DB Cromoly frame, project 2 TB forks, impact headset, sugino impel 400 chainset, lx hubs, with bontrager BX-3 front rim and mavic tib 230 rear, LX rear mech, sachs plasma front mech, x-lite alto pro bar ends, and all the other stuff you find on a kona impact headset, dog collar race light levers and cantis etc, and some little purple touches NOS pills and bottle cage bolts. Oh and a good saddle if you have piles,

Good Things,

Bike has been completely stripped cleaned ,degreased, regreased rebuilt and polished, that’s hubs and headset, it has newish bottom bracket, new chain, new blackspire granny and new middle ring, new z max tyre. Some purple bling added, all new inner and outer cables. New wellgo pedals,

Bike rides and handles absolutely luvverly,

Bad bits perhaps are, no decals on the deore shifters( Though gil now makes em), they have been polished and mounts resprayed and look pretty good.
The cranks have also been resprayed with three coats of plasticote, surface was keyed prior to spray, but I would expect this to still scratch.

The frame does have marks a plenty, and some surface rust as do the forks and stem which I have tried to show in pics, but it is far too good to respray at this point in time I think, I do have some touch up paint I can supply though

Also 4 spokes on the rear wheel are bent from chain going behind cassette, and the rim has two small rock bashes. The wheel is silky smooth and straight and true though, oh and the stem bung is missing.

As I pride myself on honesty I like to tell it warts and all .

I WAs Looking for £190 now £155 posted or £140 collected for this little baby, or happy to part ex on same size and quality kona frame from around this period, 94 or 95. or make me an offer;)

Let me know if you need any more pics or info

Charlieboy

Attachments

• lava 1.jpg
    lava 1.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,800
  • lava 2.jpg
    lava 2.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 1,800
  • lava 3.jpg
    lava 3.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 1,800
  • lava 4.jpg
    lava 4.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 1,800
some more

Attachments

• lava 5.jpg
    lava 5.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 1,799
  • lava 6.jpg
    lava 6.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 1,799
  • lava 7.jpg
    lava 7.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 1,799
  • lava 8.jpg
    lava 8.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 1,799
final reduction , £140 collected or £155 posted.

losing money on this bike big time, but need funds :cry: :cry:

Back