Looking for cheap Brown *Comfort* saddle

Kinetic-UK

Retro Guru
Hi Retrobikers! I'm looking for a cheap (under £30) brown comfort saddle for my Viking.

Do you have any links or suggestions for any saddles?

Thanks in advance.

Alex.

Kerplunk":3ej9b7nt said:
Charge Spoon is under 30 quid, comfortable and available in brown.

That was the first thought that popped into my head too!!

David

Thanks, but I have been told that you need padded under shorts or trousers to ride on those saddles.
I had a San Marco saddle which I returned due to it feeling like sitting on a plank.

I'd second that - I've one on my off road bike (so it takes more of my weight than it would on a road bike) and although I do have to wiggle my backside in a slightly odd way occasionally, it really is a miraculously comfy perch. And I don't use padded kecks...

Maybe see if someone you know has one you could try out for a bit before buying?

I would say Spoon as well.
Re the padding.
Any narrow ish saddle like a Spoon, ( and thats a wide one of its type) is meant to be ridden with all the other bits that go with it. ie cycling shorts. Fat. wide , sqiushy, shopper bike saddles can be ridden in your jeans.
If the bike is a "racer" then to get things right you by the package. ie shorts as well.
Or compromise as many do.

I guess you probably have a saddle by now but if not Spa Cycles now have their own range of leather saddles. Not instantly comfortable and slightly above your desired price range but well worth considering at nearly half the price of a Brooks. This one actually reminds me more of a Wrights saddle than a Brooks but looks to be excellent value for the price. It even has saddlebag loops! There are two more in the range but slightly more expensive.

http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products.php ... b0s81p2667

Attachments

• Spa Saddle.jpg
    Spa Saddle.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 472
Back