Looking for bottom bracket recommendations

Thunderchild

Old School Hero
My last XT square taper bottom bracket is starting to show signs of bearing wear. Curious to know what others on the list are using to replace their aging XT and XTR bb?

THunderchild

kaiser":nopj8rwo said:
There are still XT BB's kicking about.
I have seen a few used XT BBs on ebay, but no new ones. Don't tell me if you have a source in Europe...

Thunderchild

I used a un55 on my recent build, they are very readily available and do not have the nylon non drive side like the 54.

Inzaman":1j3eq01y said:
I used a un55 on my recent build, they are very readily available and do not have the nylon non drive side like the 54.

These look very good value for money. My wifes bike is showing its age, and the BB is getting loose. Any one know what size a 95/96 Trek 970 would take size wise?

Akula":2111id37 said:
Inzaman":2111id37 said:

These look very good value for money. My wifes bike is showing its age, and the BB is getting loose. Any one know what size a 95/96 Trek 970 would take size wise?

It should be on your old bb once removed.

Inzaman":1bbmvoi4 said:

Didn't know a UN 54 had the metal cup. Thanks for that bit of info. I am not a fan of the nylon cups.

Thunderchild

Back