Look Mi90 CARBON/COMPOSITE

Exceptionally rare bit of kit..

The 'other' mi90 was steel framed, can't remember which, off the top of my head..

Not 100% that is Carbon, more probably the bonded Alloy version made by Grisley (also re-badged for Peugeot)

Mates Carbon Mi90 was only 3 main tubes (see below)

Caramba Kid":36kx4gvq said:
Not 100% that is Carbon, more probably the bonded Alloy version made by Grisley (also re-badged for Peugeot)

Mates Carbon Mi90 was only 3 main tubes (see below)

They were built by Easton originally or they sold the copy rights and re-badged as..... well take your pick

Here's a link from Mombat http://mombat.org/MOMBAT/Bikes/1990_Reflex_Limited.html

I had a Easton Reflex, some nice details on the frame like internal TT and down tube cable routing.

But Look was one of the first brand, using bounded carbon fiber tubing in 1985 with Bernard Hinault. But they get interest in mtb quite late and produced some steel frame first.

24pouces":2yrctjtj said:
But Look was one of the first brand, using bounded carbon fiber tubing in 1985 with Bernard Hinault. But they get interest in mtb quite late and produced some steel frame first.

Look may have built road bikes with bonded tubes, but the one in the picture is the same in every way as an Easton reflex baring one uses alloy and the other uses Carbon tubes, I would think if Look did build the one in the picture the only thing they made were the Carbon tubes, as everything else is from Easton Reflex.

Not a very good picture but...

Picture024.jpg

kaya":263la9d3 said:
[I would think if Look did build the one in the picture the only thing they made were the Carbon tubes, as everything else is from Easton Reflex.
Perhaps you are right .
Easton didn't really made carbon tubes. The C9 were aluminium wrapped with carbon fiber. But why a brand which worked carbon fiber would call a french society ?

(for the detail, the bernard Hinault's 1985 look frame was built by TVT. Look was only a ski shoes brand and developped the first clipless pedals…)

Well, having taken receipt of the bike in question today, I can confirm that it is a carbon/aluminium frame! Looks to be carbon wrapped, for seat-, down- and top- tubes only; stays visibly different.

Very late when I got home so only had a quick look; the bike is currently in pieces in the garage. It is in really great condition considering.

So so pleased to have won this on eBay. It will go some way to mending my heartbreak for my mi80 that was stolen in 1996.

Latest posts

Back