Look Delta pedals...

bikenut2010

Senior Retro Guru
I have a few bikes with Look deltas, but I always have trouble unclipping, I use the red cleats; I can't unclip by swinging my heel out like I can on SPD or Look Keo, I have to swing heel in towards the frame...not very successfully...very weird...any tips?

Re:

That’s really unusual, I’ve been using Look Deltas for 25 years, all my bikes have these pedals in various guises and I haven’t experienced anything like this. I use the black non-floating cleats though, I didn’t like the floating red ones.

I wonder if your cleats are adjusted slightly off centre - if your feet release successfully by twisting your feet inwards, as the pedals are symmetrical, they should release just as easily twisting in either direction. I reckon you should adjust the rotation of the cleat slightly so that they run out of float and start to disengage earlier when you twist them outwards, if you know what I mean? So rotate the right shoe cleat clockwise and the left one anti-clockwise slightly (when viewed with the shoe turned upside down with the cleat facing you), this means they’ll begin to disengage with less angle of rotation.

My wife is now very amused that I’ve taken my shoe off and have been twisting it one way and the other then turning it upside down and repeating the process!

Cheers, Martin.

Have to agree with the above and like wise always use Look Delta and never have this problem.

Re:

Pic of deltas on left and keo on right, yep the deltas need rotating to match

Attachments

• 171377FE-4A08-404C-BEB9-9CC2AAC45F7D.jpeg
    171377FE-4A08-404C-BEB9-9CC2AAC45F7D.jpeg
    39.6 KB · Views: 252
Back