Litespeed Frame ID Help

GearlessinSeattle

Senior Retro Guru
I have been trying to find out what year and model this frame is.
I have checked the catalog scans on the Litespeed website but have not been able to find it. None of the bikes pictured have drop outs like this.
Also, anyone know seatpost size? It has a 27.2 with a shim in it right now.
Thanks,
Lawrence

Attachments

• IMG_1841_1.JPG
    IMG_1841_1.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 1,325
  • IMG_1842_1.JPG
    IMG_1842_1.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 1,325
  • IMG_1844_1.JPG
    IMG_1844_1.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 1,325
Well the bike has a 'geometrically enhanced'decal, looking at the pix again it looks like it has a 4-sided downtube, if the seat tube is round, it's probably a late 1990s Pisgah. If it has a 10-sided seattube - might look round until you look closely - it's likely a Unicoi from around the same time.

EDIT: Ignore me, I don't know what I'm talking about.

Your frame has a canti bridge, so will be early 90s, whether Marin/Litespeed or other.

The cable routing doesn't look like it's Litespeed from that era. I'll check very early catalogues to see if they had similar routing. The seat post clamp was external on LS I believe.

Welding looks nice.

Have a look at my 1994 Obed pics, which is V brake.

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=84245

This is likely to be an early '90s Litespeed.

Cable routing and seat bolt tallies with the 1990 Mountain, 1991 standard Mountain and I don't have 1992 records. Does not tally with 1993 range, as they changed routing to rhs of main tube. The 1993 Ocoee and others did include a canti bridge.

Very much looks like a '90/'91 Litespeed Mountain Bike. Though the 91 had replaceable dropouts. So looks like a '90.

Very nice bike.

Oh and it probably isn't suspension corrected. ;)

Thanks ratbane,
It is strange about the SID, because you would think for a frame of that age it would be "jacked" up with a suspension fork but it seems to ride okay.
Took it apart last night and now need to decide what parts to use to build it back up.:)

GearlessinSeattle":ik31k2p4 said:
Thanks ratbane,
It is strange about the SID, because you would think for a frame of that age it would be "jacked" up with a suspension fork but it seems to ride okay.
Took it apart last night and now need to decide what parts to use to build it back up.:)

That said, it doesn't look to be sitting at a silly angle with the SIDS. What's it like when they are sagged though?

The decals are definitely later. When I asked Litespeed for some (in 2001) for a 1994 bike they sent modern ones for the equivalent on their range.

Latest posts

Back