lets see your winter bikes

:oops: :oops: Whats the difference with a winter bike to ones you ride in summer, is it you change tyres or something??

Sorry if thick question :oops:

rojo said:
:oops: :oops: Whats the difference with a winter bike to ones you ride in summer, is it you change tyres or something??

quote]

Yes a change of tyres is a must. Also brake blocks

I see.

Do you guys use different bikes in winter or change around bits on your bikes you normally use??

This is mine, just wish I could get out and ride it.
sdc10653_w800_h600_225.jpg

An old plugger normally. Something you don't mind trashing in the crappy weather or bother washing. I'm going to ressurect a build for the Dunkeld meet. Bought a cannondale frame of TK for a fiver and was going to build it singlespeed and as light and cheap as possible.

rojo":2ikjzljw said:

just wondered if the perpetual bike builders on here had a winter bike jon
i tend to use a s/s over winter ,less stuff to get wrecked

mikee":2bz95fnl said:
rojo":2bz95fnl said:

just wondered if the perpetual bike builders on here had a winter bike jon
i tend to use a s/s over winter ,less stuff to get wrecked

I see mike, with the weather you guys get up there not good for bikes. don't get much snow etc down here :( :(

My GT Karakoram is my winter hack. OK so it's full M735 with Atek rims....

But it's always been my winter hack so no problems as such.

Mine is made up of bits and bobs I had in my parts box. The frame is a Bike Works from Austria so it should be used to the cold weather.

Back