lets see you retro singlespeeds...

guybe":1ozt09rc said:
My 1996 Kona Cindercone single speed bike :)

:!:

This is almost exactly as I have planed to build my white cinder cone SS. aside from the red walled tyres. The gold headset (king in my case, is yours a Hope?) black riser bars, shortish stem and black saddle and seatpost (modern USE and flite). Will post pics as I build but as yet the frame is still in the post.

my (soon to be someone elses hopefully!) 1992 giant track now in single speed mode.

Attachments

• gianttrack!12 008 (Medium).jpg
    gianttrack!12 008 (Medium).jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1,631
i can see your point, i tryed every combination with my set up and ended up with the tensioner becouse it worked, can i run a half link on a normal chain? or would it be better to get a half link chain?

You can get single half-links, and one is all you need. Although simply having a half-link doesn't guarantee that you'll be able to do without a tensioner - it'll mean the tensioner has less tensioning to do, though, and it'll all look a lot sleeker.

That Fat Chance now wins the "too much chain" prize ;-)

How it is now

yo2ybx.jpg

yleo6p.jpg

How the tensioner looked before the chainstay snapped and I got the track ends brazed on.

y6fv12.jpg

Home brewed tensioner - the neatest solution by far :LOL:

Fini.

Finished this a few weeks ago,it was intended for "The Wobble" but circumstances meant it didn't get there.Ended up with 18/36 gearing which seems to be ok so far on my flatish local loop.
Oh sorry about the crap pic :cry:

Attachments

• single RM 1.jpg
    single RM 1.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 1,835
Some stunning bikes there guys. SO impressed!

I am starting my own ss project on a 1986 Raleigh Maverick (originally 5 speed with lovely sidepull brakes!! :shock: )

Not a patch on the bikes here, but retro at least!

bit of a fudge together of bits from various years, bits from mtb, bmx and mx. but its lots of fun to ride. due to be painted by the end of the year, just can't decide what colour?

Back