lets see you retro singlespeeds...

lumos2000":1xji2y16 said:
i can see your point, i tryed every combination with my set up and ended up with the tensioner becouse it worked, can i run a half link on a normal chain? or would it be better to get a half link chain? i tryed to not use the tensioner as the gear hanger thread has been stripped out and im using a female bolt thing

I personally wouldn't bother with a half-link chain, as I think that they are far more prone to stretching with use (due to the fact that each side plate is joggled rather than being flat and wants to try and straighten under load) than a standard chain (which only really gets longer because of wear in the pins/bushes).
Although I'm sure that there are plenty of people who sucessfully use half link chains..... :?

andy your bang on :D

half link chains are designed for bmx where running a normal chain down the side of a wall will pull the sideplates from the pins

trials riders wont touch them ;)

of course they work , but ive worked on 3speed town bikes with chains so slack they touched the chainstays , they worked but i wouldnt take one off road :LOL: and suddenly putting a new tube in turned into a chain tension/gear/brake adjust :roll:

Yeah baby, finished it today. She's a beauty to ride too :D

Attachments

• team-3.jpg
    team-3.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 1,907
  • team-2.jpg
    team-2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 1,908
  • team-007.jpg
    team-007.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 1,908
wheel hasnt slipped has it ?

how do you find the on one tensioner ? ive got the exact same one for the mrs bike

perry":258pxadz said:
wheel hasnt slipped has it ?

how do you find the on one tensioner ? ive got the exact same one for the mrs bike

Wheel is located correctly in drop-out, only just finished this bike today so only been for a quick spin to check everything is OK. Planning first off-road ride Thursday night at Chicksands, should be interesting.

My 1997 GT Avalanche with fairly modern build. Cracked the headtube in June hopping on/off street furniture along Fleetwood seafront. D'oh!

Attachments

• GT_Avalanche.jpg
    GT_Avalanche.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 1,835
Back