Let's see some Fat Chances.....

Some lovely bikes there guys...one day i'll get myself one...loving that red Wicked...not too sure about the red forks though...what happened to the originals??

Rich

getting there, still waiting on a couple things......

3505150453_493c4c3a2e_b.jpg

eastcoaststeve":vsu34zni said:
My '90 wicked:

90wicked1.JPG

It was completely hammered when I got it, but it cleaned up quite nicely...rides like a dream too.

Steve

eh Steve, anymore pics of this one...I really like something about it...just can't quite put my finger on it.

Great thread...I'll be posting soon :D

GoldenEraMTB":k3rcjp33 said:
eh Steve, anymore pics of this one...I really like something about it...just can't quite put my finger on it.

Thanks. Glad you like it...it was a lot of work getting it to this stage, but now I smile every time I look at it.

Here are a few more shots:

wickedfrontshot6.JPG

fatchanceaftershot2a.JPG

wickeddetailsrhub2a.JPG

wickeddetailscranka.JPG

Link to the "in progress" thread over at MTBR if you'd like to see what I started with (not for those with weak stomachs, lol):

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=482370

Steve

This brand is the coolest, but this thread has left me thinking that we should have a one off 'Bike of the Brand' competition i.e. a poll for the best Fat Chance (and/or other brands) on this forum.

Just a thought.

rawheelz":196qm0k5 said:
This brand is the coolest, but this thread has left me thinking that we should have a one off 'Bike of the Brand' competition i.e. a poll for the best Fat Chance (and/or other brands) on this forum.

Just a thought.

Good thinking and already been done for a few brands, keep your eye out for more in the future.

eastcoaststeve":t55rytip said:
GoldenEraMTB":t55rytip said:

Thanks. Glad you like it...it was a lot of work getting it to this stage, but now I smile every time I look at it.

Here are a few more shots:

wickedfrontshot6.JPG

fatchanceaftershot2a.JPG

wickeddetailsrhub2a.JPG

wickeddetailscranka.JPG

Link to the "in progress" thread over at MTBR if you'd like to see what I started with (not for those with weak stomachs, lol):

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=482370

Steve

There it is...those yellow bullseyes mated to the black vantage rims, and yellow Yo fork, along with the turbo saddle. Very well done...love it.

What made you go with a Yo fork instead of a wicked unicrown or box fork?

'94 Somerville Yo Eddy

507142206_2cdb7e1b12_o.jpg

When I originally bought it, it was the team Lavender, but two years later I had them repaint it. Not sure why, because I loved that color! In 2001 I converted it to singlespeed and it hasn't seen gears since. Right now it sits unloved in the basement with ENO rear wheel (to get rid of the Surly tensioner) and ENO cranks. The Sweet Wings like in the above pic were loosening up too often.

Back