L'Eroica Britannia 2015

• Thread starter Deleted member 24574
  • Start date
Camping is Friday/Saturday/Sunday (I think).

Think charging for entry to the festival is a bad move – the locals last year were all behind it, very welcoming and it had a great atmosphere, it will be a pity if they aren't as involved this year (which I think wanting to charge them £10 to have a look around will do).

I spent most of the weekend last year with one of friends (he was an ex-mayor of Bakewell and his partner. They were saying how some events held on the Showground charged admittance and thought it great that L'Eroica was free.

dtd":3mgmsa9p said:
Camping is Friday/Saturday/Sunday (I think).

Think charging for entry to the festival is a bad move – the locals last year were all behind it, very welcoming and it had a great atmosphere, it will be a pity if they aren't as involved this year (which I think wanting to charge them £10 to have a look around will do).

I spent most of the weekend last year with one of friends (he was an ex-mayor of Bakewell and his partner. They were saying how some events held on the Showground charged admittance and thought it great that L'Eroica was free.

I agree charging a entry fee will pee off those people that make Bakewell what is.

all booked, only doing the 30 mile as its the 1st time doing it so will see how we get on.

Booked a place on the ride on the first day tickets released.
Booked a festival pass for the missus at the same time and fortunately managed to book a campervan space at the weekend - once I managed to find one that someone would lend me :)

Really looking forward to it - just hope I've finished my bike by then :)

I am so pleased that nearly everyone is positive, happy and looking forward to the event on this thread !
I did the 55 miles last year and found it hard on a lowest gear of 50". The climb out of Millers Dale I thought would never end. I will do the 55 mile again but not sure which bike I shall take yet but I am aiming for a lowest gear around 36.

Apple Tree":1tgrkfjq said:
I am so pleased that nearly everyone is positive, happy and looking forward to the event on this thread !

Yep - me too.

My lowest gear was a 42x24 which was pretty tough up that Mam Nick climb ...

I'm doing the century again ...

Well we now have a team of 3 down for the 30 mile ride. Parking boked and camping booked. Can't bloody wait.

pigman":uvn1xuuz said:
montello":uvn1xuuz said:
I'm doing the century again ...
madman!

Chapeau though

I was wondering if it might be more fun to ride the 50 this year with the early starters then ride the 30 with the late starters rather than the 100 as for some miles I was solo on that route ...

Latest posts

Back