LEMOND Victoire ---Sold

pondlife

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi all
may regret this, but decided to sell my Lemond Victoire, its been sat in a box for the last 12 months or more
Titanium frame, Carbon forks + Lemond aluminium seatpost

st=55ctc 58.5 ctt and tt= of 56.5 ctc
£400 posted to the UK.

Attachments

• IMG_0573.JPG
    IMG_0573.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 2,858
So, a little more. I imported this frame from the US and its original purchaser in 2008, 'Rare as' over here but it soon got replaced by a Litespeed with rack mounts. This frame rides smoooooth, so smooth i'd spend a fair amount of any ride looking at the rear tyre thinking it was half flat. never got my head around it, it got stored.
more photos here http://my.inbox.com/photos/pondlife/index.aspx
2003 was the last year of the all titanium frames, top tube looks a bit tatty, but i believe the paint under the sticker is fine, will make a great all year round bike

Unsolicited testimonial!

I have one of these and I think the seller is barmy to let it go. Weighs nothing, stiff as you like at the bottom bracket, and the comfiest bike I have every owned, including some very classy steel. I rode it to Paris last year and it looked after me beautifully - perky on the ups, rock solid on the descents (and that's in the huge 63 cm frame size), and I never felt beaten up at the end of the day. This was the heyday of the Trek Lemond collaboration and he had the best designers and framebuilders at his beck and call. The philosophy was, "A comfortable rider is a fast rider" - so this frame is quite relaxed and spacious for a full-on racing bike. By 2004 Lemond was in a huff and Trek succumbed to fashionitis and incorporated carbon stays and track-style geometry. Ruinous.

These all-ti Lemonds are absolute classics, and you'll probably never see another. If it was the big size, I'd buy it myself as a spare.

Back