Last of the classic Stumpjumpers

Pickle":38xwfci5 said:
Cor, if you only want £80 for it I'll pay now!
"want" and "would reluctantly accept" are two distinctly different things. "Buy it now" definitely not an option, sorry. ;)
If maximising the selling price was the goal I'm fairly sure breaking it down to the component level would be the way to go, but I can't bring myself to "kill" it. :cry:

Pickle":2cssprne said:

...and that's why you don't disclose your reserve. There is absolutely no point in setting one if you're going to tell people. Just start the auction there.

computerbitz":2cssprne said:
i take bikes from watch list for answers like that

Tough talk!

Theway i look at it though is this, if i am seeling something on ebay and have what i would consider a low reserve then i would start my auction at the reserve and not 99p like so many others do. i would leave it running and if in the time it exceeds the reserve then great stufff and 9 times out of 10 its going to.

azureblue":153q9zoc said:
Pickle":153q9zoc said:
"want" and "would reluctantly accept" are two distinctly different things. "Buy it now" definitely not an option, sorry. ;)
If maximising the selling price was the goal I'm fairly sure breaking it down to the component level would be the way to go, but I can't bring myself to "kill" it. :cry:

Just messing with you ;) Already got a classic Stumpjumper and would never sell it. Best bike I've ever owned.

Your's will make strong money no doubt about that. And I agree, splitting isnt an option.

Stumpy

Well, 1 day to go and you've hit your reserve with a few bids and I would imagine there are quite a few watching. This will go for a good deal more by closing.
Shame its too big as I do like Stumpies and that is a nice example.
I dont know about it being the last classic though, as I have a 98 that is skinny tubed steel, rigid and xt throughout, not thumbies though. ;)
Best of luck
Jamie

Re: Stumpy

Jamiedyer":hp4w8ius said:
I dont know about it being the last classic though, as I have a 98 that is skinny tubed steel, rigid and xt throughout, not thumbies though. ;)
No thumbshifters = not classic (in some people's eyes ;) )

Back