Last of the classic Stumpjumpers

azureblue

Retro Newbie
Disclaimer : This is my own item listing - I wanted to draw it to the attention of those who would most appreciate it.

I understand that some frown upon first time posters listing items for sale. While I appreciate and even get a little nostalgic for bikes of this vintage, I simply don't have the time or space to do them justice any more, but I hope you'll forgive me trying to find a good home for this one.

Reluctantly but pragmatically I'm selling my old Stumpjumper Comp. This, in my eyes at least, is the last of the classic Stumpjumpers. If my recollection is correct, this is from the last year that a model this high up the range had all of these:

• steel framed
    fully rigid
    XT everywhere it matters most
    thumbshifters
It's here on a familiar auction site: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130404191017

1992_stumpjumper_comp.jpg

And the brochure from that year, from retrobike's own archives: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=15602

If it gets broken for parts, I don't want to know about it!
:cry:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
High enough that I wouldn't feel totally robbed if that's all it went for. Low enough that for the price of a pair of thumbshifters, a rear mech and the pedals it should sail straight past it.
;)

azureblue":1k3z6av2 said:
High enough that I wouldn't feel totally robbed if that's all it went for. Low enough that for the price of a pair of thumbshifters, a rear mech and the pedals it should sail straight past it.
;)

I really cant see the problem in telling someone your reserve its obviously the minimum your prepard to accept for it, i take bikes from watch list for answers like that even if i am prepared to pay more than the reserve

hehe, each to their own on auctions, but if i set a reserve I always list it in the description.

Nice stumpy by the way :D i'm sure it'll fetch what you want for it.

Reserves......

Why not just start the auction at the minimum you'd sell for and save all the guess work?

computerbitz":um3avgkq said:
azureblue":um3avgkq said:
;)

I really cant see the problem in telling someone your reserve its obviously the minimum your prepard to accept for it, i take bikes from watch list for answers like that even if i am prepared to pay more than the reserve

I'd never given it much thought (I'm new to selling on ebay) - since ebay don't automatically publish it, I'd assumed there was some good reason for keeping it private ("let the market decide" sort of thing).

Like you said though, if it doesn't reach it, it doesn't sell. £80 is the reserve (I've seen similar vintage/spec go for £140).

Back