Wanted Large Alu Frame & GRX 812 Mech

lewiscc

Dirt Disciple
Hi folks,

After a few bits at the moment for some builds I'm working on.

I'm on the lookout for a Large (I'm 6 foot) alloy or steel road/gravel type frame that takes 700c wheels with decent tyre clearance and post mounts for disc brakes. I'm after something cheap and cheerful that's been preloved, so not fussed if it's dinged up etc so long as its structurally sound!

I'm also after a GRX 812 mech, it's the gravel mech for a 1x11 setup with a wide range cassette. There's not many of them around apparently!

Thanks as always!

Hi folks,

After a few bits at the moment for some builds I'm working on.

I'm on the lookout for a Large (I'm 6 foot) alloy or steel road/gravel type frame that takes 700c wheels with decent tyre clearance and post mounts for disc brakes. I'm after something cheap and cheerful that's been preloved, so not fussed if it's dinged up etc so long as its structurally sound!

I'm also after a GRX 812 mech, it's the gravel mech for a 1x11 setup with a wide range cassette. There's not many of them around apparently!

Thanks as always!
Dead set on discs? I have a Specialized Tricross for Cantis here.

Unfortunately so, yeah. I've already got a disc wheelset and some decent STI shifters with hydraulic brakes!

Thanks anyway!

You can get a brand new RX812 rear mech for £68 from Merlin. If someone is selling a secondhand one cheaper than that then there’s probably something wrong with it.

You can get a brand new RX812 rear mech for £68 from Merlin. If someone is selling a secondhand one cheaper than that then there’s probably something wrong with it.

I recently sold a knackered one that had crash damage and no tension in the spring for £45 on eBay.

As said above … just buy a new one

Ooh, that is a bargain, thanks for the heads up.

I've seen a few come and go on ebay around £40-50 used, and eying up one for £35 on marketplace that looks well loved.

Back