Large (21"+) Frame and Forks wanted - anything "interesting"

muppetman

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I've got lots of spares kicking around, so thought it was time to start another build....

I'm after a fully rigid Frame and Fork set in 21" or bigger (I'm a lanky get!)

I'm after something mid or upper range (no gas pipe examples, please!) in either steel or Alu (pref steel, but Alu is OK as well). Ideally from late 80s or early 90s.

Condition-wise is not too important (will be used daily) - but I really want to avoid anything that needs a complete re-paint.

So - what have you got?

Thanks!

Re: Large (21"+) Frame and Forks wanted - anything "interest

I seem to do nothing but try to flog this at the moment.... .... ....

21" 1992 Cinder Cone as frame or bundle of components.......

Usual age related marks but no dents or damage. Can do Frameset as shown (although I'll replace the Hope headset with something else), rear brake cable guide and seatpost clamp for £40 plus post.
Forks are Saracen I believe.

Mr Panda":2mh3ot18 said:
I seem to do nothing but try to flog this at the moment.... .... ....

21" 1992 Cinder Cone as frame or bundle of components.......

Usual age related marks but no dents or damage. Can do Frameset as shown (although I'll replace the Hope headset with something else), rear brake cable guide and seatpost clamp for £40 plus post.
Forks are Saracen I believe.

Hi, I'm interested, as had never owned a Kona - can you confirm the exact CTT measurement - I have a couple of 20" frames that come up too small for me, and wanted to check as I know Konas tend to be on the smaller size.

Cheers.

1988 Scott Sawtooth ? Its 22 " I think...Condition is excellent for the year. Has cool spare spoke carriers on the chainstays.

Tange Tubing

Its almost complete but would be happy to sell F&F , Headset, U Brake, saddle , stem and bars as a package.

Attachments

• too_big_to_photo.JPG
    too_big_to_photo.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 368
  • scott_3.JPG
    scott_3.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 368
  • scott_2.JPG
    scott_2.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 369

@muppetman: Did you already found one? I´ve been considering selling my `89 Klein Top Gun, 22"

Friendly greetings
IHateRain

Antstark":1q8d3lee said:
1988 Scott Sawtooth ? Its 22 " I think...Condition is excellent for the year. Has cool spare spoke carriers on the chainstays.

Tange Tubing

Its almost complete but would be happy to sell F&F , Headset, U Brake, saddle , stem and bars as a package.

Not quite what I'm looking for at the moment as it's a little too "upright" for what I want it for, but that's a real beauty. I'm in the process of thinning down the fleet, so I might be back to you in a month or so if you've still got it up for sale.

Cheers

Hello mate...sure thing. Its not 'up for sale' as such :D ...if it goes anywhere it has to go to a nice loving home. It is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden to be honest. ...nice 80s slack angles with just a touch of dayglow pink :D

muppetman":2jr7hxgq said:
Antstark":2jr7hxgq said:

Tange Tubing

Not quite what I'm looking for at the moment as it's a little too "upright" for what I want it for, but that's a real beauty. I'm in the process of thinning down the fleet, so I might be back to you in a month or so if you've still got it up for sale.

Cheers

Hello,

i have a Gary Fisher Paragon frame. It's a 21" frame and made of aluminium 6061T6. It weighs only 1500grams. The paint is not great anymore, but the frame is in reasonable good condition. It's a 1998 or 1999 frame. Can send pics if you give me your emailadres. It can be cheap if you like it.

greetz Paul

Back