Ladies frame MTB

DEAN C.

Devout Dirtbag
Feedback
View
Hi
Looking for a ladies frame mountain bike preferably decent steel frame complete bike. Size about 16-17" C to top. must be 26" wheels.
something like a saracen tufftrax or similar.

one on ebay near me but seller thinks its a 24" wheel.

wanting Hardtail or no suspension. Alloy hardtail might be considered.

Thanks
Dean.

pfft, 26er wheels are so overrated; I have an nice vintage stumpy frameset complete with 24" wheels and vintage tires, incase you change your mind ;)

if not, free bump anyway :)

Thanks for the offer, but the image of my Mrs trying to ride a stumpy is not a good one! :LOL:

She fell off my large frame barrucada last week and has not stopped moaning about the bruise! :roll:

I have a Muddy Fox Mixte frame , tange tubing, stuck seatpost....

Did I say stuck seatpost? Bum. Its on soak so it might budge.

legrandefromage":2wr8csaw said:
I have a Muddy Fox Mixte frame , tange tubing, stuck seatpost....

Did I say stuck seatpost? Bum. Its on soak so it might budge.

Sounds interesting!
Do you have any pics please

DEAN C.":25ujore4 said:
Thanks for the offer, but the image of my Mrs trying to ride a stumpy is not a good one! :LOL:

She fell off my large frame barrucada last week and has not stopped moaning about the bruise! :roll:

oh! :shock:

Yes, then a Mixte they frame might be best :)

funnily enough I am looking for the same thing! But not definitely financed yet so I'll go 2nd in this queue.

Still not sure what to go for to be honest for the wifes bike,and there seems to be a lack of low standover womens frames at a reasonable price and low weight with reasonable components fitted.
I would welcome any ideas for building or buying a leightweight path/trail MTB with lowish standover.
My Mrs is 5'6" with 30" leg, medium build.
Both of us get knee trouble with heavier bikes (we are 48 now)and although both fairly fit.I love my newly aquired 93 19"Lava dome which is just right for me, although I have some downhill bars that I might fit to get things set right for me.
I am wondering if a 16" old Kona night be the way to go with P2 forks for the wife,this would get round the standover height and keep the weight down.

I dont mind building and swapping bits.
Any advice welcome.

Back