Kuwahara Pacer Hybrid 1989/90 21" SOLD

MONTYBURNS56

Dirt Disciple
After over twenty years in my possession I've decided to sell my Kuwahara Pacer Hybrid. If this was an Ebay listing I'd be putting "RARE" in the title as they are they are quite a rare bike to find as it's from that short period of time in the late 80s early 90s when Kuwahara made non-BMX bikes.

It is unusual for a hybrid because the frame is actually joined with traditional brazed lugs and is a nicely put together frame. It still has about roughly 75% of the original components fitted, but the chainset, BB, pedals handlebars, stem and stem have been replaced. It is mechanically in A1 condition as I am ex-bike mechanic and all the brake pads and cables are brand new, plus it has been barely used and kept in a shed for the past ten years.

There are a few issues such as the saddle which is on it's last legs, the rear wheel rim is quite badly worn, the paint is quite badly worn/chipped in some parts and there is some surafce rust on the stem/handlebars but overall I'd say it's in excellent condition for it's age.

The price is £160 and the buyer collects (I'm based in South Manchester)

Size: 21"/53cm
Frame: Ishiwata Quadruple!! Butted Cr-Mo tubing
Fork: Tange MTB Cro-Mo
Chainset: Stronglight 100LX 48/38/28
BB: Stronglight Sealed
Derailleurs: Shimano Deore
Shifters: Shimano Deore 18sp Thumbshifters (with friction mode!)
Brakes: Shimano Deore Cantilevers
Hubs: Shimano Deore 6sp Cassette
Cassette: 13-32 6sp
Saddle: Madison G11
Handlebars/Stem: Steel
Tyres: Michelin World Tour 700c x35

Also I'll throw in a spare 13-20 cassette if you want a tight gear ratio and the bike comes with the Zefal mudguards pictured.

Latest posts

Back