Ksyrium SL wheelset £15 near Swansea

Possibly a 'settlement' special!: "selling for my partner" (who left them and maybe has no idea I still have them) and massively under-priced!!

Rock hard wheels
- I fitted a pair to my litespeed,
took them off the same day🤣,

refitted my 32⁰ritchey wcs/mavic open pros, smooth as butter.

Original ksyriums are fantastic and impressive, but the nipples are pretty much all seized in the rims by now, and loads have rim cracks at the nipple interface😭

I ride the ES Anniversary and Elite S Ksyriums and have always found them comfortable, even when comparing with Open Pro hand- built 32s. No rim rim/valve cracks on mine and I'm a 13-14 stone rider, but I agree they are prone to seized nipples. They generally stay true until the rims are worn out.

They generally stay true until the rims are worn out.

And then sadly the cost of rim, when available, and many spokes due to seizing, is greater than a new wheel😪
But at least you can get parts!
So if your freehub spins out or starts to drag, axle breaks, end cap falls off into the verge when fixing a puncture, snap a spoke, it can be repaired🥳

I'm all for serviceability and sustainable solutions, but if you do buy factory wheels, then the Ksyriums are a decent choice, and make a good second-hand buy (just inspect them before buying). Haven't had to service or replace a set yet, but my ES' are in their mature years, like their owner!

Back