Koski forks

mrkawasaki":20j617ok said:
I wonder if we could get a re-release batch made...??
Unlikely, I bet the cost on such a low production would be prohibitive.

kaiser":20j617ok said:
Very nice :) do you have a close up of the drop outs?
Next time I them dig it out of the storage box, I'll try to get some pictures of mine. There were actually two different style of drop outs one actually said "Koski" (see below) and the other one was made by Tange.

My Koski forks were destined for my American Breezer but I ended up running some Ritchey forks as they were lighter. One day I'll put them back on as the offset on them probably suits the American Breezer geometry a little better.
1010IMGP0072.JPG

1010IMGP0071.JPG

:cool: Did the Tange ones use the same style of dropout?

They look similar to Breezer drop-in's, or Cotic drop outs. Shouldn't be too difficult to make a few sets of replica forks if you are really stuck guys. Those dropouts could be easily CNC'd on my mill.

Si

I have something similar on my Land Shark:

dsc0505f.jpg

They have Tange stamped on the steerer, not got Koski stamped anywhere though.

kaiser":doh2gc54 said:
:cool: Did the Tange ones use the same style of dropout?

The dropouts varied slightly, as the article states, The earlier version of the Koski's tended to interfere with QR's so they changed the design a little. By the time they were stamped by Tange the forks were almost indistinguishable from each other except for brand stamping.

Brake bosses varied throughout the Koski/Tange fork line. They probably used what was available on the production run.

This one below is stamped Koski but has the revised dropouts like the Tange stamped forks. (notice the clearance for the QR's vs the older ones.)

1010IMGP0069.JPG

588Koski2.jpg

nevadasmith":1vq3n4qs said:
I have something similar on my Land Shark:
They have Tange stamped on the steerer, not got Koski stamped anywhere though.

I dont believe those are Koski forks.

Though a beautiful design in their own right.

I'm looking for a Koski Fork for my ibis mojo, does anybody know if those where made widely available in 1 1/8"?

Cheers
Daniel

Back